Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Jack Korpela has left WWE. His contract expired and he didnt re-sign.

Who will have my back now? :(

Actual jaw-drop from me. Gutted to hear that! As long as Scott Stanford stays I'll cope. Now I've got rid of Sky Sports I've rediscovered my love of C show announcers!

Courtesy of ringbellesonline.com.....

Former British womens wrestler Skye, real name Victoria Swain, will be one of a chosen few to carry the Olympic torch ahead of the London 2012 games.

She was nominated because of her tour of Afghanistan last year, where she spent six months in the volatile Helmand area of the country, and was the only female is a six-strong High Risk Royal Engineer Search Team.

During a search in the Babaji area of Central Helmand last September, Sapper Swain

As reported earlier, former WWE talent Amy Dumas (a/k/a Lita) was arrested Friday in Columbia County, Georgia on charges of speeding in excess of maximum limits and driving with a suspended license. She was released on $2,200 bond and has already poked fun at the matter.

She tweeted Saturday afternoon, "You guys make a Team Extreme jailbird graphic yet? Get to work! #slackers."

The latest update on the roster for TNA's India project (via the usual sources):Matt MorganAbyssChris MastersLuke GallowsHarry SmithNick DinsmoreMagnusCliff ComptonChavo GuerreroSonjay DuttJimmy RaveJoey RyanZema IonShawn Daivari & Arya Daivari (The Daivari Brothers)Harv Sihra & Gurv Sihra (The Bollywood Lions)Cheerleader MelissaPlus, Bobby Lashley, MVP and/or Carlito may be part of this as well.

Edited by pgi86

Jason Powell mentioned MVP as a rumored name but he's yet to be confirmed. Personally, I'm leaning towards "no" but it's certainly possible since TNA are shooting the entire season in about 3 weeks total (first 15-23 December and then more in January) so MVP can work around his New Japan schedule.

Edited by pgi86

The latest updated list of talent appearing on TNA's India project:

Scott Steiner

Matt Morgan

Abyss

Chris Masters

Nick Dinsmore

Trevor Murdoch

Luke Gallows

Harry Smith

Magnus

Chavo Guerrero

Sonjay Dutt

Jimmy Rave

Joey Ryan

Zema Ion

Shawn Daivari & Arya Daivari (The Daivari Brothers)

Harv Sihra & Gurv Sihra (The Bollywood Lions)

Mickie James

Cheerleader Melissa

There will also be 10 local Indian wrestlers on the show, who for the past few months have been trained by Savio Vega, Nick Dinsmore and Sonjay Dutt.

The crew left for India today. There will be 26 episodes of the series taped between this set of tapings and a set of tapings in January. The series will debut on the Colors Network in India, with new episodes running on Saturday and Sunday evenings.

The series will premiere the weekend of 1/14-1/15 and will run for 13 weeks (26 one hour episodes) total.

Edited by pgi86