Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

It would be cool to have the brand split, but instead of one brand being on one show and the other on the other show, they have one brand at a time on both shows while the other have time off. All the storylines could lead up to the blow off matches at Wrestlemania then the next night on Raw the other brand come back and they swap over, with their storylines ending at Summerslam and repeat. Doing it in six month cycles may be a bit much but they could always scale it down to three month cycles instead and maybe in turn raise the profile of the other two in The Big Four in the process.

It'll never happen, but still.

• Paid Members

With the size of the roster you'd think they could cycle talent in and out with "seasons" without it taking too much toll on television. Less strain on creative as well. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, PunkStep said:

The 'chop off his pee pee' guy? His brother does the Japanese commentary for WWE with Funaki I think.

Yeah, that's the one.

It'd actually never dawned on me that Shun Yamaguchi might be related, despite the fact one of the things I enjoy most about PPVs these days is shouting out the names of the the foreign language announcers before the chyron comes up or Cole says their names.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Statto said:

one of the things I enjoy most about PPVs these days is shouting out the names of the the foreign language announcers before the chyron comes up or Cole says their names.

My favourite by far is Zhan Pomerantsev, the hunky young Keanu Reeves of foreign announcers.

It’s well documented that someone is screaming in the English language commentators ears through a show but what about the other commentary teams? Are they given free reign or do they have their own respective producer keeping them on brand?

2 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

It’s well documented that someone is screaming in the English language commentators ears through a show but what about the other commentary teams? Are they given free reign or do they have their own respective producer keeping them on brand?

About a year ago, one of the French commentators said "I am the table" (in English), so I'm guessing no...