Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Apparently Arn Anderson and Vince hadn't been getting on for a while, got into a shouting match, and that was the last straw. Meltzer has said that Arn is close with John Cena and Triple H, and that if Cena was still the top star then Arn probably wouldn't have been released. I'm sure I've seen it mentioned somewhere that AA was agent for most of Cena's big matches. What it says about Triple H that Vince is perfectly happy just firing his guys, I'm not sure...

It does feel like a changing of the guard in production/agenting, which might be a sign of Trips putting a team together for when he takes more control - particularly with Vince likely being preoccupied with the XFL in the near future.

Not remotely fussed about the others - Tye will be able to carve out a decent enough career for himself either as a disgruntled ex-WWE guy in the short-term, or doing the family-friendly circuit and keeping his gimmick going for another decade, TJP is dogshit and I don't want to see him on any shows I actually watch, and Itami will presumably end up back in NOAH with the odd guest spot elsewhere. 

AEW could do a lot worse than pick up Arn, particularly if they're getting TV. But in the short term he can make a small fortune doing guest ref/"ringside enforcer" spots on indie shows, managing/endorsing wannabe Horsemen teams, training seminars, and the convention circuit. As much as the market is oversaturated, I'd be interested in him starting a podcast - either just telling road stories and behind-the-scenes anecdotes about working as an agent or ideally (and this will never happen) something in the style of Mike Quackenbush's podcast giving advice/suggestions to aspiring wrestlers. 

TJP didn’t ask for his release and was actually fired for ‘disciplinary reasons’. No one on Twitter except for Cedric I think wished him well unlike when Itami left so I presume he had a bad rep backstage. 

Undertaker has also reportedly filed a trademark for “Deadman Talking” so maybe he’s doing a podcast or a Q&A tour or something. 

• Paid Members

Given that he's already taking bookings, I hope it's just for Q&A appearances and him being savvy enough to realise that he can make even more out of it by managing the brand himself. 

If anything's going to unplug kayfabe's life support machine, it's The Undertaker starting a podcast.

7 hours ago, BomberPat said:

AEW could do a lot worse than pick up Arn, particularly if they're getting TV. But in the short term he can make a small fortune doing guest ref/"ringside enforcer" spots on indie shows, managing/endorsing wannabe Horsemen teams, training seminars, and the convention circuit. As much as the market is oversaturated, I'd be interested in him starting a podcast - either just telling road stories and behind-the-scenes anecdotes about working as an agent or ideally (and this will never happen) something in the style of Mike Quackenbush's podcast giving advice/suggestions to aspiring wrestlers. 

I don't think you'd get it out of him, the kayfabe is strong with this one.

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

TJP didn’t ask for his release and was actually fired for ‘disciplinary reasons’. No one on Twitter except for Cedric I think wished him well unlike when Itami left so I presume he had a bad rep backstage.

Not sure if it has any connection, but I saw a few people on Twitter casting vagus aspersions about TJP and young female fans, following his release. Anyone know what that's all about? Couldn't find anything online.

• Paid Members

In concept, an Undertaker podcast spanning his entire career and going into huge detail sounds like a dream come true.

But, you know, we've seen, you know, that, you know, an unscripted Mark Calaway is literally impossible to listen to. You know.

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

Not sure if it has any connection, but I saw a few people on Twitter casting vagus aspersions about TJP and young female fans, following his release. Anyone know what that's all about? Couldn't find anything online.

Thats Twitter for you.

Joey Ryan recently had the 'I know some REALLY dodgy stuff about Joey Ryan' treatment where nobody actually elaborates on anything they say so they dont get done for defamation.

17 minutes ago, Supremo said:

In concept, an Undertaker podcast spanning his entire career and going into huge detail sounds like a dream come true.

But, you know, we've seen, you know, that, you know, an unscripted Mark Calaway is literally impossible to listen to. You know.

I cannot see him shooting on anyone but I bet rf will offer a few quid for a shoot interview