Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Also, as mentioned on Observer Radio today, Taker has removed WWE references off his social media and is now taking independent bookings.

I though this might be a wind up, but after checking his Twitter it seems it's true. Fuck me, he's the last guy I ever expected to cut ties with the WWE.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it can't be anything more than Undertaker doing more public appearances to promote stuff, do meet and greets, "evening with" shows, and tapping into the lucrative after-dinner speaker market. He'll still answer whenever Vince phones, and doesn't need to be under a proper contract for that to be the case - he's not leaving WWE to take bookings on the indies, for God's sake.

Though if, after everything, after coming back from his presumed retirement, and decades of people fantasising about what The Undertaker's final swansong would look like, after years of "The Last Outlaw" and him being depicted as the old gunslinger, how mental would it be for his WWE tenure to just whimper to an unacknowledged close?