Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Wrestler takes advantage of desperate obsessed wrestling fans and kids who can’t read good... Shocker

He wants to get in to the ‘mentoring local promotors’ game, that’s where the real coin is.

Armbands is where the real coin is. 

19 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Wrestler takes advantage of desperate obsessed wrestling fans and kids who can’t read good... Shocker

He wants to get in to the ‘mentoring local promotors’ game, that’s where the real coin is.

Does that mean he'll have to learn to talk with his hands a lot?

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Loki said:

Legal department, I think.

Y'know, despite Abyss being amongst my least favourite wrestlers of all time in the ring, I'd not hate him showing up on TV as some variation on the Joseph Park gimmick.

Like if they moved Drake Maverick on to Raw full time, and put him as this inept, sniveling wretch of a GM on 205 Live who just happens to be twice the size of the blokes he's deathly afraid of.

• Paid Members

I know they love shortening names anyway, but I can't help but wonder if Vince (or someone, but probably Vince) has one of his weird issues with "ovic" surnames? Or at least the pronunciation?

Mauro made a point on NXT a few weeks back that "they need to scratch the itch" and pronounce it "Di-ja-ko-vic" rather than "Di-ja-ko-vitch" but I put that down to being a new character/name.

Then Heavy Machinery turned up on Raw & they were all saying Otis, who had always been "Doza-vitch" as "Doza-vic"

• Paid Members

I don't like this obsession they have with shortening names anyway, but on this occasion it just seems a bit daft and short sighted. The team is called Heavy Machinery, and you have one member with a surname that includes the word "Doza". Why not call him Doza or Dozer to tie in with the plant machinery name?

Edited by Cod Eye

• Paid Members

While I don't get their obsession with this, and presume it's because they think fans are too thick to handle the complexity of people having full names, I was absolutely certain that Otis was getting the treatment with his long, "foreign" name.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

If it's because they think everyone is thick and will get confused by long/foreign names, surely they can just look at other sports to see it's not a problem?

You just have to look at UK tweens for examples of that. They can spell ‘Kardashian’ or the name of their favourite football team’s latest international signing, then struggle with the spelling simple English words.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I hate the habit of shortening the names. If it's because they think everyone is thick and will get confused by long/foreign names, surely they can just look at other sports to see it's not a problem?

Not just sports.

schwarzenegger predator.jpg

• Paid Members
47 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

While I don't get their obsession with this, and presume it's because they think fans are too thick to handle the complexity of people having full names, I was absolutely certain that Otis was getting the treatment with his long, "foreign" name.

I found it odd they added "ovic" on the end of Donovan Dijak. For one thing, it makes a kind of cool alliterative name sound unwieldy and awkward, and there's presumably no chance he'll have that on the main roster.