Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Hope Charlotte goes full on 1992 tonight, like her Dad. Last years women's battle royal pissed on the men's from a great height.

This may be the first time I've ever disagreed with you. The Women's Rumble last year wasn't close to as good as the guys - fun for the nostalgia entries, but the work in the match was leagues below, and at times it was horrifically amateurish.

Charlotte coming in at number 3 tonight would be great...

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

This may be the first time I've ever disagreed with you. The Women's Rumble last year wasn't close to as good as the guys - fun for the nostalgia entries, but the work in the match was leagues below, and at times it was horrifically amateurish.

I'm going solely by what I remember, which is very little, so you're probably right. Two of the things I recall from last year was Sasha Banks Backyard Wrestling mudhole stops and Lita almost killing herself. But it had Torrie Wilson reversing the aging process.

I literally cant remember a thing from the men's one, though. As my Dad would say "is that the one Bob Backlund was in for ages?"

@wordsfromlee !!!

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

The problem is they can’t just use the fact that she is the best to give her all these accolades for the sake of it. Sasha and Bailey was perfect at the time because fans were into it. Right now the fans would be into Becky and Ronda, forcing Charlotte into it is only going to cause backlash with could ruin Charlotte’s career 

You're absolutely right that they need to capitalise on Becky being white hot, my post was more at the notion that Charlotte wasn't brilliant.

3 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

I can admit the timing on the tweet was bad from Will but Sadie Gibbs had been causing all sorts of issues in Stardom for the brief time she was there(2 weeks) and there were discussing just cancelling her tour all together because of it.

Its a shame she’s a great talent but she doesn’t get many bookings due to her behaviour.

4 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I can admit the timing on the tweet was bad from Will but Sadie Gibbs had been causing all sorts of issues in Stardom for the brief time she was there(2 weeks) and there were discussing just cancelling her tour all together because of it.

Its a shame she’s a great talent but she doesn’t get many bookings due to her behaviour.

That's between her and Stardom. Shitty on Wills part to post all of it publicly.
Mind you, he has form for posting passive aggressive tweets about female wrestlers supposed 'attitudes'. Just ask Pollyanna

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah, what SBA said. There's no need for him to stick his nose in and dig her out on Twitter like that. Then again, he has shown to be thick as pigshit on many occasions so it's hardly surprising.

Also, if he did really PM her before saying she was not worthy of the opportunity [which he essentially admitted he did] that is a massively cunty thing to do - when did he become the arbiter of who gets to go to Japan?

Edited by Snitsky's back acne

• Paid Members

https://twitter.com/WillOspreay/status/1089106180989952002

“A̶e̶r̶i̶a̶l̶ Assassin” Will Ospreay‏Verified account @WillOspreay

I sent 2 messages out to 2 girls going out to wrestle in Japan. I told them that Japan isn’t a vacation, this is work, that I don’t think they are ready for it. Happily say that @BobbiTylerUK has stepped up her game & getting better each match.

Imagine getting lectured by this dopey sod. Cheeky bastard.