Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Night & Day products to be fair.

Eh, I find the crowd tend to be awfully gun shy at the best of times, but they tend to wake up when it's the main event or big players. Starr vs PAC had an excellent crowd by DEFIANT's standards. 

Edited by Accident Prone

Didn't Ilja get announced for Janela's Spring Break come Wrestlemania weekend? Can't see WWE being happy about him working the show of someone signed with AEW, and there's nothing about him being pulled ala Defiant.

21 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

During negotiations with MLW, BeIN Sports apparently offered Rush a punditry role on the channel. Which is quite mad.

Richard Keys apparently responded with "if he wants to be a pundit so much, why doesnt he set up his own channel?"

(Last bit, might not be true.)

He was also after U.S citizenship for not only himself, but for his wife and kids too, and get his Dad a spot on MLW's shows! A proper carnie, big fan.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

Eh, I find the crowd tend to be awfully gun shy at the best of times, but they tend to wake up when it's the main event or big players. Starr vs PAC had an excellent crowd by DEFIANT's standards. 

Wouldn’t disagree with that, but I’d take that over the forced OTT vibe at WC. A happy medium would be ideal. I think I just massively prefer the way that Defiant is presented by those involved. It can feel like a small-big show if that makes sense. Also, things start on time and no bullshit owners ego, at least in comparison.

22 hours ago, Onyx2 said:

It's not a minor news item but I read this on Wreddit's Observer Rewind from October 2000:

20190116_194356.jpg.712bef568f5b54edc9e8807534ad65cb.jpg

The little twerp is second gen! No wonder he's bulletproof. 

He was also the head of TV production when we watched wrestling because we liked it, rather than because it gave us something to complain about on the Internet.  Of all the heads of TV production in wrestling history, Kevin Dunn is the guy who produced the shows when we most enjoyed them. As much as we might have bought into Jim Cornette's rants about him back when shoot interviews were all the rage, we've never seen a viable candidate to replace him.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Wouldn’t disagree with that, but I’d take that over the forced OTT vibe at WC. A happy medium would be ideal. I think I just massively prefer the way that Defiant is presented by those involved. It can feel like a small-big show if that makes sense. Also, things start on time and no bullshit owners ego, at least in comparison.

I really dig how it's presented too, I just wish the audience were more vocal but that's just a peeve of mine with all wrestling (a lot of ROH and AAW shows for example have crowds that just sit on their hands and it's really aggravating. Not CZW-levels mind, but close at times). I do feel like I'll have to stop there though as my moaning about crowd noise has now bled into two threads!

• Paid Members

It looks like a Huskie pup from that video, though without the piercing blue eyes. If it is a Huskie, it'll not be that size for long and it'll be out running in the Bulgarian mountains with big Rusev as part of his training for WrestleMania. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I was thinking there’s definitely got to be huskie in there. I love them anyway, thought this might be a rarer version. I kind of wish I hadn’t seen it now because we’re looking for a pup anyway and this is probably some rare type of huskie that’s a) near impossible to find and b) extortionately expensive if you do find one. 

Definitely not showing my Mrs. She’ll fall in love with it and I’ll have to disappoint her like I do when it’s bedtime. 

4 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah I was thinking there’s definitely got to be huskie in there. I love them anyway, thought this might be a rarer version. I kind of wish I hadn’t seen it now because we’re looking for a pup anyway and this is probably some rare type of huskie that’s a) near impossible to find and b) extortionately expensive if you do find one. 

Definitely not showing my Mrs. She’ll fall in love with it and I’ll have to disappoint her like I do when it’s bedtime. 

It could be a Malamute which is part of the Husky family but much bigger and fluffier.

Alaskan_Malamute_SERP.jpg