Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Yeah that was a great moment. Look at his face though, his about as badass as Seth Rollins. Pretty pretty.

@UK Kat Von D

Genuinely think this is nonsense. The best thing about that Ricochet video Kat posted isn't the dive, as incredible as that is, but once he's landed he looks like the fucking man and steps up and tells Dream to do something about it. It's ace.

31 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Genuinely think this is nonsense. The best thing about that Ricochet video Kat posted isn't the dive, as incredible as that is, but once he's landed he looks like the fucking man and steps up and tells Dream to do something about it. It's ace.

Exactly, I chose that clip because it shows that flips can actually mean something when done with reason. Was a spectacular moment, even with Dream dropping the mic out of his hand in awe.

36 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Get in the bin, mate. This isn't 2003 where people somehow we're allowed to get away with wank like "hurr durr Bryan Danielson is just a bland vanilla midget who can't do promos".

The three guys you just mentioned (especially Neville, for fucks sake) are more than just flippy lads with abs. Neville is one of the best heels going today and Balor/Ricochet are bursting with a cool, laid-back charisma. Yeah, they're not rocking the stick like The Rock but they do well enough to get by and they make up for it by getting everything else right. The skies the limit for these lads, they just need the backing from the office and the right booking. 

Ha! Vanilla midgets and 2003! 

You’re projecting there, mate. I‘m talking about three specific guys and it’s nothing to do with their size. It’s to do with them bein one dimensional. I never saw Neville in 205, if he found something, good for him. I’ve not seen anything to suggest Balor an Ricochet can cut a money promo. And I hope they prove me wrong.

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Ha! Vanilla midgets and 2003! 

You’re projecting there, mate. I‘m talking about three specific guys and it’s nothing to do with their size. It’s to do with them bein one dimensional. I never saw Neville in 205, if he found something, good for him. I’ve not seen anything to suggest Balor an Ricochet can cut a money promo. And I hope they prove me wrong.

So you've never seen Neville's 205 work or any of heel schtick post-WWE, but you still labeled him as one dimensional? It's not like his 205 baddie run was some big secret on here, or anywhere else for that matter. It does smack of the same attitude that people had when they we're labeling the Bryans as being nothing but mat work and knee pads.

And I did mention that Ricochet and Balor aren't the best on the mic, but they don't need to cut 'money' promos. Just look at the clip Kat posted; that did more than enough to entice people to watch Takeover than Ricochet doing the same old tired promo that everyone else is told to cut. There's more to money in wrestling these days than cutting a promo, but these lads are still perfectly fine behind a microphone despite it not being a strong suit. Hide the 'negatives' and accentuate the positives.

I am the hatiest hater of flippy floppy indy wankfests, and even I can see that Ricochet is a fucking superstar.  His work in NXT has been fantastic - he pisses charisma as people have said, and his acrobatics tend to actually MEAN something, like Jeff Hardy of old.  He has this touch of arrogance that gets him through promos as well, although he needs more time in NXT to iron out some kinks there.

He's a much better prospect for me than Balor, who I've never got.  Plus, Ricochet's entrance is seriously money

Neville always seemed such a timid dude prior to his 205 comeback. it was miraculous what he transformed into. anybody expecting Balor to pull something like that off will be waiting a long arse time.

Thing is, let's say none of Neville, Ricochet and Balor could speak a lick. Neville and Ricochet would still do okay because they have a dazzling, dynamic style that's exciting to watch. Finn, in comparison to them and indeed most of the (admittedly most stacked it's ever been) roster, is a glass of room temperature water served with a plain cracker and white rice. He can't fly like Ricochet, he doesn't have the technical skills to compare to Bryan, he's not as explosive as AJ Styles. He's just not THAT good in-ring, and he never ever was.

Edited by sj5522

2 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

So you've never seen Neville's 205 work or any of heel schtick post-WWE, but you still labeled him as one dimensional? It's not like his 205 baddie run was some big secret on here, or anywhere else for that matter. It does smack of the same attitude that people had when they we're labeling the Bryans as being nothing but mat work and knee pads.

And I did mention that Ricochet and Balor aren't the best on the mic, but they don't need to cut 'money' promos. Just look at the clip Kat posted; that did more than enough to entice people to watch Takeover than Ricochet doing the same old tired promo that everyone else is told to cut. There's more to money in wrestling these days than cutting a promo, but these lads are still perfectly fine behind a microphone despite it not being a strong suit. Hide the 'negatives' and accentuate the positives.

They rarely accentuate the positives of anyone though, especially on raw. You sink or swim by the promos. 

I don’t know why Neville’s being held up as some shining example. He was t’the most lukewarm NXT champion not named Bo and then he never got particularly over on the main roster. Gets put in the Vauxhall conference brand and is back on the indies. He went backwards.  

I don’t want to sound like I hate these guys, Ricochet is an amazing athlete. I just ain’t seeing him being some superstar. He’s not in the same universe as a Daniel Bryan. Not in WWE anyway. 

• Awards Moderator

Neville carried that whole show for the best part of a year. Pretty much single-handedly. Granted, it was a C show, but he was given a ball and ran with it brilliantly. Had he been given the opportunity to do the same on Raw or SmackDown (okay, SmackDown) with that character I don’t doubt he’d have excelled.

1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

They rarely accentuate the positives of anyone though, especially on raw. You sink or swim by the promos. 

I don’t know why Neville’s being held up as some shining example. He was t’the most lukewarm NXT champion not named Bo and then he never got particularly over on the main roster. Gets put in the Vauxhall conference brand and is back on the indies. He went backwards.  

I don’t want to sound like I hate these guys, Ricochet is an amazing athlete. I just ain’t seeing him being some superstar. He’s not in the same universe as a Daniel Bryan. Not in WWE anyway. 

Because he was bloody brilliant in his heel run on 205, seriously, one of the best and most believable characters on the entire roster. I say this as someone who was never really a fan of his before, I didn't catch much at all of his indy runs.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Going back to the richochet being an arrogant prick in real life. I think he is actuslly just dumb as fuck. His podcast with Colt all but confirmed this, I mean if you do a podcast with Cabana and sound like the dumb one you really are stupid. 

I think Ricochet and Ospreay share the same brain cell.

Would that be the ONE AND ONLY brain cell? 😂

I  watched Ricochet Vs Dream 3 nights in a row. It’s outstanding. He’s got that cool controlled charisma. And move that mean something at the right time. Not just flips for the sake of it. He’s a good mat wrestler too which makes his high flying stand out more. 

Neville was a great character after  he started his King Of Cruiserweight gimmick , but he’s always been incredible to watch.

Balor on the the other hand bores me rigid. His entrance is shit. What’s with pulling at his leather jacket? Does that make you cool? His incessant smiling, that shitty switchblade move and I hate foot stomps. So I’m not in the least interested in him.