Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Veteran British wrestling photographer Tony Knox is off work through until February after donating a kidney to his sister. If you're not familiar with him then you're almost certain to have seen his work over the years, most notably in the pages of FSM since it's inception. Pretty much anyone that's wrestled or been part of wrestling in this country will have had their photo taken by Tony at some point.

As a self-employed sort he's not going to be able to make any money while he's on the shelf. To help him get through the start of next year there's a GoFundMe set up, aiming to raise enough to cover his bills for a couple of months so he can concentrate on getting healthy. Any donations appreciated but if money's tight then a share anywhere it'll get eyes on it would be a big help.

Find out more here.

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Based on wording in the Observer, it looks as if Balor may be winning the Royal Rumble and getting a big Mania match, my guess being with Bryan.

I fucking hope Dave has been fed that one just for a laugh. 

• Paid Members

He's been the biggest disappointment from all of the indy guys they've signed for me. He's not standout material whatsoever. At least with Ohno, I saw him years ago and thought he was shit back then too, so I wasn't disappointed.

I’ve never got the hype for Bálor to be honest, even in New Japan he was clearly the second wheel in his best matches which were overrated anyway. I’m the same with Neville and Ricochet. Super athletes with stunning looks and zero personality. It’s good that they’re considering pushing him again but there’s definitely a ceiling there.

5 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

I’ve never got the hype for Bálor to be honest, even in New Japan he was clearly the second wheel in his best matches which were overrated anyway. I’m the same with Neville and Ricochet. Super athletes with stunning looks and zero personality. It’s good that they’re considering pushing him again but there’s definitely a ceiling there.

Neville did develop personality eventually, the King of the Cruiserweights run was great.

• Awards Moderator
5 hours ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Nope. I’ll grant he didn’t have much personality for a lot of his run, but the King of the Cruiserweights was some of the best character stuff WWE’s seen in years.