Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
On 7/10/2018 at 9:08 AM, Sheffbag said:

Showcase TV (Sky 192) is showing Classic St Louis Wrestling shows. They have a show on the EPG marked "Wrestling" which is a bit intermittent as to what they actually show but last night it was the St Louis show. 

And they had some TNA on there the other night, showing an old Jeff Jarrett vs. James Storm PPV match.

• Paid Members

The fuck? Nah, this is all a bit weird. Just make a massive show, give it another name and publicise the fuck out of it. Having two Wrestlemania's seems rubbish to me, it would dilute the prestige rather than add to it.

Yeh.  Do a show on the same scale.  Include Axxess, do an NXT show, Raw & Smackdown.  Do it in a massive stadium in September but a different part of the world each year.  But don't call it The Greatest Wrestlemania or whatever.  Call it something else.

• Paid Members

Sounds a bit daft to be honest. Surely no one is going to consider it the 'real' WrestleMania unless it's the one in March/April and linked with the Rumble etc? Only way I could see it working is if the March/April Mania becomes the overseas event, with the one in October becoming the US edition. I struggle to see them doing it that way. Ultimately, see it probably not moving numbers much in October, while (at bes)t keeping the ones in March the same. 

Edited by Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Have you seen the new promotion which has launched on Amazon Prime? It is called Dojo Pro. It is 26 minutes of build and match per show with a tournament style system. Shane Strickland and James Storm were the only ones involved that I knew of. Interesting idea but don't think it has legs. The first show has the worst Mankind tribute act I have seen since the early 2000's.

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Have you seen the new promotion which has launched on Amazon Prime? It is called Dojo Pro. It is 26 minutes of build and match per show with a tournament style system. Shane Strickland and James Storm were the only ones involved that I knew of. Interesting idea but don't think it has legs. The first show has the worst Mankind tribute act I have seen since the early 2000's.

Didn't realise that was on amazon uk also, will give it a go for a laugh. I'd heard of Jeff Cobb and Joey Janela as well. The winner stays on is an interesting idea, however the main problem is that the winner gets a title shot on RoH, at their TV title and not their main title.