Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Which is weird when both have been using trademarked music again. Icw debuting new look to shows on 17th so might be truth in it 

Toni Storm is still World of Stardom champion. Despite WWE rumours making the rounds for ages, Stardom actually had the chance to take the title off her recently but didn't.

Anyway Kairi Sane has been a massive disappointment post MYC imo. So I'm not holding out for much hope for Io's chances if she signs. Also with both Asuka and Nakamura on the main roster I don't see there being much chance of another Japanese wrestler going far so long as they are active.

Might be a much needed kick up the arse for Stardom though. Hopefully Mayu Iwatani can get back on top.

Then again though everyone seemed convinced that Io was signing before and it fell through for whatever reason. So they might just use her to make up the numbers in the MYC and fuck her off again.

Agree to a certain degree about Kairi Sane being a bit of a dud since winning the MYC. It didn’t help that she had to take time off after last August’s Takeover due to concussion, that hurt her momentum and as a result she hasn’t been given a whole let to get her teeth into since. It did look like she was going to be the first challenger to Bayzler, but they’ve segued into this Lacey Evans feud instead.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Agree to a certain degree about Kairi Sane being a bit of a dud since winning the MYC. It didn’t help that she had to take time off after last August’s Takeover due to concussion, that hurt her momentum and as a result she hasn’t been given a whole let to get her teeth into since. It did look like she was going to be the first challenger to Bayzler, but they’ve segued into this Lacey Evans feud instead.

Read about an injury but thought that it was her neck. Must be concerning if it was a concussion since she has a history of concussions from what I've read.

Might also explain why they've cooled off on her recently.

Hasn't Shirai had neck issues?

1 minute ago, The King Of Swing said:

Read about an injury but thought that it was her neck. Must be concerning if it was a concussion since she has a history of concussions from what I've read.

Might also explain why they've cooled off on her recently.

Hasn't Shirai had neck issues?

Yeah, I believe Shirai's neck issues were why she was not signed last year. Same with Alpha Female.

I do agree about Kairi having been a letdown since she won the MYC but hopefully if they get Io they can either have them team/feud and it would give Kairi a renewed purpose.

I'm guessing they'll be doing the redemption story with Steffanie/Nixon Newell for this year seeing how she got injured before it started last time. In fact it happened not long after she arrived at the Performance Center. Anyone else been rumoured?

22 hours ago, Sir Steve Redgrave said:

Sorry Ricky but I just can't forgive him for costing me 8 grand on an accumulator a few years ago after scoring a late equaliser. He'll always be a heel to me.

lol great stuff he is a legend in these parts and the promo vid has had nearly 120,000 views already so done its job but seriously the guy is a real gent buddy

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

I'm guessing they'll be doing the redemption story with Steffanie/Nixon Newell for this year seeing how she got injured before it started last time. In fact it happened not long after she arrived at the Performance Center. Anyone else been rumoured?

I’m not really sure what the value in that is. She didn’t make any TV appearances or have any promos running (that I can remember), so it’s not like her story was “halted” by injury.

• Paid Members

Perhaps not in a ‘traditional’ setting, but in these tournaments they’re introducing a lot of new faces in short order so try to give them the quick, easy to digest back stories.

For Newell, “was meant to be in the first tourney but missed out by getting injured shortly after getting her dream job” seems a no-brainer.