Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

EDIT: Some of the reporting has been confusing because of whether you include pre-show stuff in the show run-time. Per the Observer newsletter and podcast, the schedule (UK time) appears to be:

Smaller shows: 11pm pre-show, 11.30 first pre-show match, Midnight-3.30am main show.

Rumble/SummerSlam/Survivor Series: 10pm pre-show, 11pm first pre-show match, Midnight-4am main show.

WrestleMania: 10pm pre-show, 10.30pm first pre-show match, Midnight-5am main show.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Ralphy said:

Big Cass has possibly injured his knee (though i dont know if its the same one he had recent surgery on). Gutted for him if its true, being such a big guy, this cant be a good thing for his career 

Good riddance to him. He was the weak link in a tag team and utter garbage on his own. Couldn't cut a promo, couldn't get a good match out of Daniel Bryan, was worthless. Worst look on the main roster too, plain, lanky, rat faced streak of piss. Hope he retires.

I feel bad the fact he's hurt, but he wasn't the one that had to sit and watch him.

The promo is not meant to be a 5 star classic its fun on his first day we have gone viral been on all major tv channels so Grants charities will benefit, As for exit did his jacobs but did not sell till camera stopped rolling lol he us a great guy tbh and guite a natural

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, knightmare said:

The promo is not meant to be a 5 star classic its fun on his first day we have gone viral been on all major tv channels so Grants charities will benefit, As for exit did his jacobs but did not sell till camera stopped rolling lol he us a great guy tbh and guite a natural

Sorry Ricky but I just can't forgive him for costing me 8 grand on an accumulator a few years ago after scoring a late equaliser. He'll always be a heel to me.

Edited by Sir Steve Redgrave

I am not sure if you are joking Snitsky, but I was referring to the overall video, not specifically Holt's "I'm glad it's for charity" line.... I guess it just frustrates me that whenever wrestling in this country has a chance to show off to the general public, the presentation is always meh at best- Joe Bloggs probably won't care about the WWE UK tournie, unless they are a wrestling fan, but they might take a look if a social media post or newspaper article is saying that a prem footballer is going to be having a go as a wrestler, and then they see something like that video..... I'll keep quiet now.

Edited by Syl

Yeah, it's true. That video might be fine for the regular WAW fans but it looks like something 13 year olds would come up with. For most with an interest based off the exposure, it looks cringeworthy. I realise this is for charity, just I think there could have been a lot better done with it. Is there anyone you could get to help with ideas for production?

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Good riddance to him. He was the weak link in a tag team and utter garbage on his own. Couldn't cut a promo, couldn't get a good match out of Daniel Bryan, was worthless. Worst look on the main roster too, plain, lanky, rat faced streak of piss. Hope he retires.

I feel bad the fact he's hurt, but he wasn't the one that had to sit and watch him.

Do you fuck!! I agree with you on him being shit though, I really can't see anything in him. Even for a big guy his body is rubbish and he has no shoulders. Apart from his height, which is undone by his pony physique, I am yet to see a redeeming quality in him.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Do you fuck!! I agree with you on him being shit though, I really can't see anything in him. Even for a big guy his body is rubbish and he has no shoulders. Apart from his height, which is undone by his pony physique, I am yet to see a redeeming quality in him.

Haha I do! I'm not sat here glad he's in physical pain or anything! I'm just happy he's buggered off for a while.

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

While this has been said before, including at a WWE Investors call, and Vince McMahon changed his mind on it, right now the idea of ICW and Progress from the U.K. going to the WWE Network is back on, at least this week. But this is close enough that we’ve been told the announcement, if it happens, would be coming right around the time or at the Royal Albert Hall shows

Let's see if it happens this time.