Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Image result for jay briscoe homophobic tweet

Shocked to be honest at how little impact this ever seemed to have on his career. Even more shocking is the fact that he was ROH'S top guy at the time, as their babyface champion!

Cunt of the highest order.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/cody-rhodes-responds-disco-infernos-recent-criticism/

Cody Rhodes and Disco Inferno have been going at it.

I think Disco had a point in fairness. And it's not like Cody, and Ted (where is he now), haven't benefited from nepotism.

I think Cody also fails to appreciate just how much Disco got a goofy gimmick over.

Disco has a right to his opinion but saying nobody knows how to work anymore when he’s talking about Omega and Cody is ridiculous when it’s coming from him.

Disco has said he will respond on his next podcast.  He’s trying to get himself over and make himself relevant.  That’s all it is. 

And when did Disco ever get that gimmick over? He was a comedy jobber.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Johnny Green who was the MC for EPW events sadly passed away today. I know the vast majority will have never heard of him, but he’s a familiar face and voice on the circuit. EPW get about the country as a touring promotion so if you’ve ever been to one of their shows, chances are you’ll have seen him on the mic.

• Paid Members

In other news a promotions team are trying to get the JJ ‘with my baby tonight’ in to the U.K. charts in time for Mania..

https://m.facebook.com/events/768563120001088

Apparently it’s been shared by Jeff, Roadie and Zack Ryder. It still needs around 2000 sales to make the charts, that would be fucking ace.

• Paid Members
15 hours ago, AdamTH17 said:

. Even more shocking is the fact that he was ROH'S top guy at the time, as their babyface champion!

And this is where the "it's just heel heat!"/"it's in character" defence falls apart - Jay was spouting this shit as a babyface, it's quite obviously what he genuinely believes.

Not that it was ever a good defence anyway - if you need to attack a minority to get heel heat, you're a shitty heel.

9 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

And this is where the "it's just heel heat!"/"it's in character" defence falls apart - Jay was spouting this shit as a babyface, it's quite obviously what he genuinely believes.

Not that it was ever a good defence anyway - if you need to attack a minority to get heel heat, you're a shitty heel.

To be fair in certain parts of the World that is a baby face move . . . unfortunately.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

It's been a babyface move in WWE many a time.

Not just that; in the exact same storylines where that happened, the exact opposite was played for heel heat, e.g. pretty much every early Goldust feud, and Orlando Jordan's character in TNA (although to be fair he was so shit, nobody cared).

And related extensions to that exact opposite (allies) are being played for heel heat now, like that "Progressive Liberal" guy.

• Paid Members

My point being, though, that people are defending the Briscoes (or Jay, at least) being homophobic as "working heel", when he was saying the same shit when he was working face. It's clearly the man, not the character, speaking.

The history of Gay Panic angles and whatnot is a whole other issue.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/corey-graves-embracing-commentary-role-calling-first-wrestlemania/

I wouldn't compare him to Ventura or Heenan. 

I'd compare him to JBL circa 2007, though. In fact I used to think it was JBL when I first heard him on commentary.

To be compared to the greats maybe he should start carving his own niche instead of sounding like a mixtape of heel commentators of the past.

Speaking of Ventura, man, he was ahead of his time. Imagine him commentating during the NWO/Attitude era.

Edited by NoUseforaUsername