Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members

Sorry if it's already been said, but I guess the downside of Enzo acting like an 80s superstar outside the ring is, well, he acts like an 80s superstar outside the ring. 

Interesting that they suspended him, took a day and then released him. Dunno if that means they think he's guilty, or they just don't want to be associated with him whilst an investigation is going on, or they've just decided they've had enough of his antics, guilty or not

• Paid Members

Well from what’s been mentioned on here it sounds like they didn’t know shit about it, so fuck knows where the ‘they knew in October’ stuff came from. Anyway, they found out as we did, suspended him, then realised he hadn’t told them and it spans back to October, so fired him for that.

I think.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, D@mm said:

If they really wanted a decent 205 division they have the talent to do it, I mean if you threw Finn Balor, Sami Zayn in there, called up Johnny Gargano, Andrade Almas etc they could push them properly but they don't want to go all the way.

They would of been better off doing what they did in the heyday of the Cruiserweight division in 2002-2004, just have them wrestle on Smackdown.

Yeah. Instead they threw Neville and Enzo in there, called up Hideo Itami, Drew Gulak etc, and just had them wrestle on RAW.

I think WWE need to put some kind of statement out, rather than just the "Enzo has been released". Speculation, as noted here, is that he knew back in October, but no one knew until it blew up at the weekend. I'm guessing he was suspended as a matter of course (without prejudice), but once it came out he'd known for months, WWE were left with no option but to sack him off; if they need a reason, bringing the company into disrepute. WWE have to be seen to be acting quickly and decisively, and this is totally different to the Rich Swann situation, where they knew from the start and have suspended him pending court action. On that note, any word on Uso and that DUI?

You have to think, if he'd said something back in October, things may have been different (presuming innocent til proven otherwise). Guilty or not, he's been an idiot with how he's handled it.

As an aside, to have been a fly on the wall when Enzo was called into the office.

1 hour ago, chokeout said:

It's a good excuse to try and make something of the title. Have a mini tournament. At least the matches would mean something, rather than the same guys having 5 minute matches in rotation. 

That would be a great idea. Raw has Elimination Chamber next month, so a tournament to perhaps decide who faces Cedric for the vacant title since he was No.1 Contender at the PPV would be great to see. Depends what they do on 205 Live tonight.

12 hours ago, unfitfinlay said:

That explains why he wasn't charged. It doesn't explain why he wasn't suspended for violating WWE's wellness policy. Not that the two situations are comparable in the slightest, of course.

The reason he wasn't suspended is that some bloke in prison going "I sell steroids to Roman Reigns lol" by no means constitutes Roman Reigns violating WWE's wellness policy.

• Paid Members

Another one of those things that makes me wonder why I'm still interested in wrestling. Ive known for a long time that it is a seedy industry but I've loved it since I was a little kid so by and large, I can separate the great memories I have from the people behind them - Benoit the big exception.

The recent BritWres scandals turn my stomach and this hot on the heels reminding me that it's still a horrible environment has me questioning why I bother. Being completely honest, the WWE product been dull as fuck currently is another factor. A recent huge disappointment that I won't spoil is just  a further sign that on and off screen, it's not anything like I want it to be.

It isn't just wrestling, sleaze is everywhere at the moment. So disheartening.

• Paid Members

I couldn’t agree more Rick. I think I ‘like it’ out of habit now, like staying in a loveless relationship because it’s familiar and fear of missing any good bits. I want it to work, it just doesn’t feel right and hasn’t for yonks.

Saying that, I’m at a rumble party on Sunday night. However, that’s more to have a laugh with mates, just that the rumble is the reason for the get together. Might have to jack it in for a bit after that. Maybe until Mania, see how that goes.

8 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

It isn't just wrestling, sleaze is everywhere at the moment. So disheartening.

It was no doubt worse in years gone by, it's just that more people have found their voice and had the courage to speak out against the kind of bullshit we have the misfortune to read about these days. 

I imagine sleaze was a lot more rampant in wrestling when I was a kid but it was brushed under the carpet. I dread to think how many of my favourites would have been outed as scumbags if we had the outlook of society today.