Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

If this is true, Enzo's a fucking moron. Obviously it's a disgusting thing to do, but it's just a flat out stupid decision. He loves the money and fame, and has a lot of it despite having no ability beyond talking. To lose it all because you're letting your dick make decisions for you? In this day and age? Moronic, and sick.

If it turns out to be BS (and considering she faked a pregnancy AND posted a video about it, I'm erring on that side), you gotta feel for Enzo Amore. While there's some fucked up people out there, the amount of allegations going around lately, several of which have no evidence, a growing number are found to be flat out false... a woman can literally point at anyone and say "he raped me" and ruin their lives. Read a story about some woman the other week where she confessed to fabricating rape 25 times!

I'm not saying it's the same. I just find it strange and think it sets a dangerous precedent.

As someone else said, wrestling fans are batshit crazy. What's to stop similar stunts to get people they don't like off the show?

Don't use him by all means but an official suspension insinuates they know more than is in the public eye to me.

Safest thing for everyone is him being taken off tv. Smart move 

Suspension is there if the press ask if it’s being covered up, I’d imagine he’s still on full pay for now it’s a pr move 

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members

I'm guessing something like this wouldn't happen with a Cena or a Reigns as they'd be under a lot more public scrutiny away from the ring/arena. Cena does a lot of PR and Make A Wish stuff. I'd be surprised if nothing was said to Enzo by one of the road agents after that video of him absolutely shitfaced celebrating his cruiserweight title win came out.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, FUM said:

I'm not saying it's the same. I just find it strange and think it sets a dangerous precedent.

As someone else said, wrestling fans are batshit crazy. What's to stop similar stunts to get people they don't like off the show?

Don't use him by all means but an official suspension insinuates they know more than is in the public eye to me.

And that's horrible.

WWE's in a no win position here really. They're a multi-billion dollar organisation whose target market is mainly kids. One of their Champions being accused of rape could be devastating for them - not to mention if he's actually found guilty. They had to take some action to distance themselves from him but, in doing so, it's seen as evidence of his guilt. Which is wrong. As much as anything else, there's no way he'd be able to perform with this hanging over his head, not with his character.

As for "similar stunts". I can't imagine that anybody is crazy enough to make a false allegation of rape JUST to get a wrestler taken off a show but, if they did, then WWE could fuck their lives up so badly that no one would ever even think about doing it again. Even aside from the consequences of actually filing a false police report, nobody wants WWE going after them for millions in lost revenue.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Roman wasnt suspended because he was listed as a customer of the steroid. The DEA only tend to go after distributors of steroids, not so much the people that buy them. If he had been distributing them then he would (likely) have been suspended

That explains why he wasn't charged. It doesn't explain why he wasn't suspended for violating WWE's wellness policy. Not that the two situations are comparable in the slightest, of course.

• Paid Members

Some people have bad shit going on in their heads and it’s completely conceivable that based on her other videos, she’s talking shit.

However, that should never ever be the precedent. People have been raped and abused for far too long and an insane amount of cases have been through out due to lack of bloody evidence. Whether she isn’t well, attention seeking or 100% correct, she has ultimately completed a police report and until her video, she has apparently gone through the proper channels.

As a company, they can’t say he has or he hasn’t, they have a public reputation to keep intact, especially in this climate. This is absolutely what should have happened, much like it would have at my place of work.

Im not sure how anyone can be surprised in the slightest about this decision.

Canny surprised it needs to be said but, potential rape and steroids... different things. 

34 minutes ago, unfitfinlay said:

And that's horrible.

WWE's in a no win position here really. They're a multi-billion dollar organisation whose target market is mainly kids. One of their Champions being accused of rape could be devastating for them - not to mention if he's actually found guilty. They had to take some action to distance themselves from him but, in doing so, it's seen as evidence of his guilt. Which is wrong. As much as anything else, there's no way he'd be able to perform with this hanging over his head, not with his character.

As for "similar stunts". I can't imagine that anybody is crazy enough to make a false allegation of rape JUST to get a wrestler taken off a show but, if they did, then WWE could fuck their lives up so badly that no one would ever even think about doing it again. Even aside from the consequences of actually filing a false police report, nobody wants WWE going after them for millions in lost revenue.

That explains why he wasn't charged. It doesn't explain why he wasn't suspended for violating WWE's wellness policy.Not that the two situations are comparable in the slightest, of course.

Depends how far back it goes. Reigns did have a 30 day suspension in 2016 for violating the wellness policy hence why his title run was cut short. Whether the two are linked or not I'm not sure, but if he's passed tests since he's either cleaned and not using this distributor anymore or he's using one hell of a masking agent

Just to clear up I wasn't in anyway comparing rape to taking steroids. I know there's a big difference. I was merely pointing out the difference in suspending based on an allegation alone.

As I say, I feel WWE knows more on this than they are saying. The police report was filed back in October, it's likely they've known since then and still used him. I feel like something has now come up that suggests to WWE he should be suspended.

• Paid Members

WWE have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to domestic violence or sexual assault, so the protocol is always to suspend the talent until further notice. That said, you'd assume they must have known back in October, so that does make it all very murky.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, FUM said:

Just to clear up I wasn't in anyway comparing rape to taking steroids. I know there's a big difference. I was merely pointing out the difference in suspending based on an allegation alone.

As I say, I feel WWE knows more on this than they are saying. The police report was filed back in October, it's likely they've known since then and still used him. I feel like something has now come up that suggests to WWE he should be suspended.

I misread your initial post and didn’t spot the emphasis on ‘knowing back in October’, my apologies.