Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Seems that MLW is back. Last I heard of them was around 2002-04 when they were trying to be the new ECW. There's a pretty stacked line-up for the next show in January kinda reminding me of how excited I was 15 years ago when they first formed......

Looks like Dean Ambrose is out for around 9 months after I going bicep surgery. Could be a blessing in disguise and he uses the time off to motivate himself to come back with something fresh. He had shown a bit more enthusiasm since being put in a tag team with Rollins and the short lived Shield reunion, but he'd been floundering for a long time before that when he was on his own.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, D@mm said:

I worry he will go off the rails with nothing to do, I get the vibe he likes a drink and if he is left alone he will probably drink out of boredom.  

You should send him an email to pre-warn him, I imagine he’d hate to do anything he would regret.

You’re an idiot, regardless of the season.

• Paid Members

This could be good for Ambrose who has become beyond stale even with the Shield reunion. 

Not saying they should do the same thing, but I remember back to those 'get well Randy' bits they did for Orton when he was injured and it really helped to keep his name out there and keep him relevant. Ambrose is a great talker so hopefully they can do something to keep folks interested. 

• Paid Members

I can recall three promos of his in FCW that I really enjoyed, and I loved the interview The Shield had with Maggle after their debut where Ambrose was brilliant. I honestly can't tell you about a memorable promo he's cut since then. It's a damn shame, because I think he's capable of being excellent in this respect.

As others have said, the break could be a blessing for him in a creative respect (although were said the same about Rollins, yet here we are...). Feel bad for him missing a big Mania payday.

Moving Rollins to Smackdown for 9 months would be the best move now. Keep all three seperate for a while, also spending that time building a new trio for them to fued with next year. Rollins can mess about with Styles in the meantime which would be great fun 

39 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

Yeh Ambrose is a wrestler who has truly lived off a reputation dating back to that Mick Foley confrontation. Good in a group to hide his weakness’ but on his own left exposed for what he is.

That's unfair. He was super over for at least 18 months after the Shield break up despite some ropey booking. He should've won the 2016 Rumble or beaten Triple H for the belt at that Roadblock event a month later and gone on to face Roman at Mania, but The Plan prevailed again.

Those failures were the last nails in the coffin with regard to the crowd's previously strong belief in him. By the time he actually won the big one he had failstank all over him and he's never managed to scrub it off.

• Paid Members

Nine months off will be the best thing that could happen to Ambrose. Get a new look, come back fresh, pretend everything that happened after Hell In a Cell 2014 didn’t happen. Perfect.

Dean Ambrose is one of the biggest wastes of talent ever. Awesome promo ability, great in the ring, genuinely comes across as cool. He should’ve been their next big star. They’ll forever suffer for choosing Seth and Roman over him. That time period around Summerslam 2014 was amazing. The crowd were going apeshit for him following the Shield break up and it looked like he was a can’t miss megastar. Then Bray Wyatt’s ghost showed up and he got booked so badly for so long that even when he turned it around, winning the title, or this more recent run of awesome matches tagging with Seth, he could never wash off that stink.

Hopefully this will allow him to come back with a clean slate. Come back, get that initial babyface run, then finally turn him heel and strap a rocket to him.