Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, theringmaster said:

Unpopular opinion here possibly but I feel a full expose into pro Wrestling is coming, everything from sex scandals to vets beating on young guys to promoters ripping of people. And it will be a dark time in our business when it does happen.

There was that ring boy scandal in the 80s which nothing ever really came of. 

4 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Struggling to remember what Gatso did/was involved in, which is probably a good thing.

He basically raped a girl. She was super drunk and he manipulated it so he could take her back to his/a hotel and have sex with her. He mentioned it on a thread in here in a sort of WAHEY WHAT A LAD way but nobody else saw it that way, obviously. 

Edited by SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

There was that ring boy scandal in the 80s which nothing ever really came of. 

He basically raped a girl. She was super drunk and he manipulated it so he could take her back to his/a hotel and have sex with her. 

I don't get why anyone would be low enough to do that in the face place, but how arrogant and narcissistic(is that the right word) would you need to be to go admitting it on an online forum?

Edited by Cod Eye

• Paid Members

The gatso thing was hands down the most fucked thing I've ever read, I still get the creeps thinking about it. The lines about avoiding her friends that were looking for in the hotel and about it being better it was him than someone else make my stomach turn. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, stumobir said:

The gatso thing was hands down the most fucked thing I've ever read, I still get the creeps thinking about it. The lines about avoiding her friends that were looking for in the hotel and about it being better it was him than someone else make my stomach turn. 

...shit, I do remember that actually. It was just the name that didn't line up. I remember telling my Mrs about it at the time and how repulsed she was.

Well, this thread took a turn.

@BomberPat, 100% agree, but all those few do is trivialise and divert attention from the real problem.

@Damm, BomberPat said "an awful lot of men". Not all. Not you by name. But enough. Too many. Those who commit that kind of crap and straighten themselves out are decent, but don't deserve praise for doing so, because it's gross failures in their own choices for whatever reasons that dropped them down the ladder of respectability, decency, and morality - getting back to square one isn't an achievement, but the starting point for being the good human being one should never have stopped being.

And you're on a written forum. Nobody's " born with good grammar", ffs. But at least know when each of your sentences ends, and end each of them with a full stop. Work up from there.

Just now, CavemanLynn said:

Those who commit that kind of crap and straighten themselves out are decent, but don't deserve praise for doing so, because it's gross failures in their own choices for whatever reasons that dropped them down the ladder of respectability, decency, and morality - getting back to square one isn't an achievement, but the starting point for being the good human being one should never have stopped being.

I like this point.  It reminds me of something Jeremy Hardy said when I went to one of his gigs.

He was telling a story about how in the 80s he was doing an anti fascist fundraiser and was warmly received.  Then the MC introduced someone who used to be in the National Front and beat up minorities but turned his back on that ideology.  He spoke out against the NF and condemned them to rapturous applause and whilst joining in the cheers, Hardy thought "Hang on, I've never beat anyone up for being black or gay and didn't get a standing ovation.  This bloke has but now he doesn't he is a hero?"

Guess you had to be there, it was pretty funny.

Remember when James Wallace popped up in the Paige thread a while back and had his mobile number in his profile so we could all find out it's him?

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I like this point.  It reminds me of something Jeremy Hardy said when I went to one of his gigs.

He was telling a story about how in the 80s he was doing an anti fascist fundraiser and was warmly received.  Then the MC introduced someone who used to be in the National Front and beat up minorities but turned his back on that ideology.  He spoke out against the NF and condemned them to rapturous applause and whilst joining in the cheers, Hardy thought "Hang on, I've never beat anyone up for being black or gay and didn't get a standing ovation.  This bloke has but now he doesn't he is a hero?"

Guess you had to be there, it was pretty funny.

I would venture a guess that it's to do with re-affirming to the "convert" in question that he's made the right choice and is now on the side of the good guys, whilst those who were good from the beginning know it and therefore don't need it?

It's a stretch, but that's all I can think it might be.

1 minute ago, sj5522 said:

Remember when James Wallace popped up in the Paige thread a while back and had his mobile number in his profile so we could all find out it's him?

Wasn't it because he was selling stuff and posted his number, them someone googled it and it linked to his Facebook?

He might've had it up for selling purposes tbf, but it was definitely in his actual profile and was very strange. His comment about Paige was well creepy as well, along the lines of "I used to be good mates with Paige back in the day, winky face" apropos of nothing

• Paid Members

I can't see anything on their homepage. They're based in Newcastle aren't they? Perhaps your homepage is tailored to include more regional-specific stories/features?

Edited by PunkStep