Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

54 minutes ago, honor87 said:

Because heaven forbid, anyone have a difference of opinion or political standing in the modern world

Ā 

Ā 

It's ok to have a difference of opinion. It's also ok to decide that you don't want to support a company that funds or benefits from something you don't agree with.

People buy ethically sourced clothing and food. If they feel strongly enough about it, why wouldn't they do the same with wrestling?

50 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

In theory there's nothing wrong with it, but it could result in a scenario where someone is then watching stolen streams of wrestling, which would lose them theĀ moral high ground.

I'm not sure if the last few posts have been in response to mine or not, but this is quite a presumption to make about anybody.

That said, even though I haven't watched anything new since April, if someone did stream Backlash illegally I'd hardly put them on the same moral pegging as a proud aider and abetter of Trump's actions, the sum of which outstrip WWE's general sleaziness over the years by orders of magnitude.

32 minutes ago, HeavyT said:

With all the scummy shit and people involved in wwe over the years I just thinkĀ it seems strange that Trump would be the thing to make you switch off.

Who in WWE history has been a cunt on a bigger scale than The Donald then?

I empaphise with people switching off cos of that, feels a bit late though, there was a big smiley McMahon family pic with Trump several months ago

1 hour ago, King Pitcos said:

In theory there's nothing wrong with it, but it could result in a scenario where someone is then watching stolen streams of wrestling, which would lose them theĀ moral high ground.

Really? That's a bit of a daft statement. If you twat a nazi in the mouth is that the moral high ground lost as well then?

11 minutes ago, sj5522 said:

feels a bit late though, there was a big smiley McMahon family pic with Trump several months ago

It is, but when you've been watching something religiously since childhood it can take a while to accept you're at the point you never imagined would come.

According to Reddit eyewitnesses say a fight almost broke out between sasha banks husband and a fan after the fan shouted 'YOUR WIFE'S A BITCH' before getting pulled away. Thing is the truth hurts. She come's across as one. But any guy would stand up for there misses.

Also Lio Rush WWE PC HAPPY DAZE

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008493602511

Ā 

Edited by wooly

On 8/20/2017 at 5:26 PM, Uncle Zeb said:

I'm not sure if the last few posts have been in response to mine or not, but this is quite a presumption to make about anybody.

That said, even though I haven't watched anything new since April, if someone did stream Backlash illegally I'd hardly put them on the same moral pegging as a proud aider and abetter of Trump's actions, the sum of which outstrip WWE's general sleaziness over the years by orders of magnitude.

I wasn't presuming you specifically were doing that, simply that that's a situation that would likely occur in many cases, as in previousĀ #boycottWWEnetwork instances.

If someone's thieving just because they couldn't live without watching Backlash, they've undercut their moral stance. Same as people going round violently attacking cuntish folksĀ with different beliefs are outing themselves as cunts.