Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

As much as this place shit on HoHo, I thought he was fine for an enhancement role and had an interesting backstory to him. Hopefully he does well back home now

• Awards Moderator

I didn't care for him much as a wrestler but it's a bit of a shame he's gone, from reading the article about his release it sounds like he had quite a useful role and a good thing going for himself helping all the new Chinese recruits acclimatise to the US.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
On ‎04‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, sj5522 said:

Shame about Eva but no surprise. Her NXT heat and gimmick on Smackdown were fucking brilliant. Still maintain they should have had her dethrone Bayley via shenanigans on that episode of NXT where Michael Cole was the guest GM. Full Sail would've probably burned to the ground. 

That episode of NXT is one of my favourite single episodes of wrestling TV ever - just perfectly presented from start to finish, completely logical, and played on the crowd's preconceptions to get them more worked up than Full Sail ever get.

It was proof that you can still get heat, and still get a heel over, in a "post-kayfabe" era by playing to the crowd's preconceptions about wrestling, and about the wrestler in question, if you book them well enough. The most genuine heel heat WWE have managed to garner for anyone since John Cena at One Night Stand.

Definitely. it was a pretty great match too from what I remember, the atmosphere was of course amazing and Eva's shortcomings were worked around really well with good shenanigans and great false finishes. They definitely could've done the switch and then replicated that atmosphere with Bayley winning it back at Takeover which would've been fucking unreal. Unfortunately I think they opted for Nia for that one.

• Paid Members

Turns out Enzo Amore is pretty much himself when he's on screen. Apparently, he was chucked off the bus during a recent tour and made to change outside the locker room for being a dick. And now there's news that the boys and the office are hot at him for bringing visitors into the dressing room who behave badly, taking pictures and video of the talent. 

He may not be long for the WWE. 

It'll be a shame if he ruins it for himself after seeing how much it apparently means to him in one of those WWE 24 documentaries.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Turns out Enzo Amore is pretty much himself when he's on screen. Apparently, he was chucked off the bus during a recent tour and made to change outside the locker room for being a dick. And now there's news that the boys and the office are hot at him for bringing visitors into the dressing room who behave badly, taking pictures and video of the talent. 

He may not be long for the WWE. 

Caught wind of this a while ago (same time I mentioned that Cass has heat for being Pro Trump) seems Enzo was having an obnoxiously loud phone conversation about how wealthy he is (probably merch sales and the cut thereof) and Reigns chucked him from the bus. He's on worse level than Miz was a few years back with being disliked by the boys. WWE want him on 205 as well, knowing he'd easily be the most over guy there and likely to keep the fans somewhat invested.

• Paid Members
51 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Apparently it was evil Roman Reigns who got Enzo kicked off the bus if believe the sheetz.

So, not content with retiring Undertaker, Evil Roman has also usurped his position as locker room leader.