Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

Shame about Eva but no surprise. Her NXT heat and gimmick on Smackdown were fucking brilliant. Still maintain they should have had her dethrone Bayley via shenanigans on that episode of NXT where Michael Cole was the guest GM. Full Sail would've probably burned to the ground. 

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Whilst I agree they should have done the title switch, all that would have happened was #cancelwwenetwork and they'd have all been back at the next set of tapings 

I still think it just should've been a Dusty Finish. Eva hits the Sliced Red as she called it. Got the pin just to see the crowd lose it. Referee quickly realises Bayley's foot is under the rope and orders the restart. I think it would've totally been worth it to see the crowd reaction. I bet deep down, a lot of them wanted to see it for that reason.

2 hours ago, Richard said:

Was it real heat or just ''you're really fucking shit at wrestling'' heat? Regardless, I'll miss her, if only for my guilty pleasure that is Total Divas.

Unless it's "change the channel" heat, who cares?

16 hours ago, Richard said:

Was it real heat or just ''you're really fucking shit at wrestling'' heat? Regardless, I'll miss her, if only for my guilty pleasure that is Total Divas.

Isn't that the closest thing that you get to real heat nowadays outside of The Miz (and even he is getting Yes chants for his supposedly heel Daniel Bryan kicks now). 

Just now, Merzbow said:

So Funk has broken yet another vow of retirement? He'll never quit.

It's great though, isn't it? 73 year-old Funk teaming with The Rock N' Rollers to wrestle the Lawlers and Doug Gilbert. That's a dream match! And that's before you ever look at the other names on the card.

No doubting that it's great, I'd be first in line to be there. Funk and Lawler is worth the money alone. I wonder who Nash will be against, it'll likely be a 3 minute squash consisting of some knees in the corner and a powerbomb but i'd still pay for that.

We all know most wrestling retirements are like rock band farewell tours after all. How many has he done? I remember when he appeared at PCW a few years ago and for an April Fools Joke, they announced a TLC Match between him and Mastiff and people were marking out at the prospect which was a great laugh. I joined in to play along as you do since they did set it up as a midnight reveal as another match.