Minor news items that don't deserve a thread

Richie Freebird

11 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

This is the top story on BBC News. What a time to be alive. 

Screenshot_20170702-202205.png

And then there's this, The Progressive Liberal. Buys. 

Screenshot_20170702-202340.png

I want to be a fly on the wall every time Vince sees a report referring to just "a man with a CNN logo on his head."

I've yet to even see one make reference to the fact he's the husband of a Trump cabinet member.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Jon-Carr_92 said:

I want to see a match between that Progressive Liberal guy Vs Sam Adonis. For the uninitiated, he lived in the UK for a few years mainly doing All Star and recently has got over as a top mid card heel in Mexico coming out with a US flag with a photo of Trump on it.

I've never been hugely keen on politics as a defining factor for a wrestler; if nothing else, it limits your appeal to different audiences. Doing a Brexiter gimmick might get you booed in London and cheered in Sunderland, to think of an inane example. Unless that's what you're going for, a gimmick where you might not know until you get out in front of the crowd whether they like you or hate you isn't a good idea - and if it is what you're going for, chances are you'll piss off a fair few promoters and other wrestlers.

That said, Trump for heat in Mexico is class. A lot of the American lads in Mexico started doing it during his campaign - Brian Cage would wear Trump T-shirts. Cheapest, easiest heat going, in a country where being American pretty much automatically makes you a heel anyway.

The Progressive Liberal just seems way too on the nose and obvious for me, even by reductive wrestling gimmick standards. Even just the name is awful.

11 hours ago, dopper said:

According to Tyson Kidd's Twitter, Smith Hart - eldest child of Stu & Helen Hart died today.

He had been ill for a while with cancer and went into a hospice last month.

Bret's 60th birthday today too.

Bret can't catch a sodding break, can he? Did Stu Hart fall victim to a gypsy curse or something?

2 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

I want to be a fly on the wall every time Vince sees a report referring to just "a man with a CNN logo on his head."

I've yet to even see one make reference to the fact he's the husband of a Trump cabinet member.

Ha, I hadn't even thought of that. The President of the USA is Tweeting WWE content, with Vince McMahon in it, and he's not even getting a name-check. Must be driving him mental.

As for no reference being made to Linda being in Trump's cabinet, it just shows what non-entities the McMahons are to the wider world.