Christmas 2011

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

The coke advert was on last night, and Frankie's already started the Secret Santa thread, therefore it's Christmas season. What are you all hoping for/hoping to get someone this year? What's your favourite Christmas film? What do you love/hate about this time of year?

I absolutely love it. It's not only Christmas, but it's also my birthday on the 16th so it's always been a bit special. This year with the new job it also means I won't be working so much through the season (thank you, school holidays!) so I can actually kick back and enjoy it again.

My lady wants a bracelet or a watch, so ideally I'll go for something in the middle, like a small watch that looks like a bracelet type of thing.

The below is also my favourite ever film, regardless of the time of year.

61x4SvZ8UuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Also, this might be a good thread for you to get your Xmas avatar requests in.

It's Turbo time.

The below is also my favourite ever film, regardless of the time of year.

61x4SvZ8UuL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Oh, absolutely. When I was at home during the week, I *borrowed* that DVD to bring back with me to watch as we get closer to Christmas. None of my flatmates or friends are prepared to watch Christmas films just yet (well, apart from Die Hard), but as soon as they do, I'll be right in there with Muppets Christmas Carol and Elf won't be too far behind it.

Yes, it's officially Christmas as I also saw the coke advert while watching X-Factor last night.

While I'm talking coke, am I the only one who thinks coke tastes different at Christmas? I'm sure they add a little christmas spirit to all coke with santa on the bottles.

Anyhow, 41 day's and counting, I cannot wait! 6 working day's off work, christmas dinner, family and friends, cold morning and nights, snow, christmas coke, ah it's great!

Onto my favourite christmas films, there are a few,

220px-Santa-claus-movie-poster.jpg

220px-Home_alone.jpg

220px-Home_Alone_2.jpg

220px-Bad_Santa_film.jpg

220px-Elf_movie.jpg

220px-Jingle_All_the_Way_poster.JPG

220px-The_nightmare_before_christmas_poster.jpg

Oh yes, I rotate these every night on the build up to Christms while I'm dozing off. The mrs thinks I'm sad but she puts up with it and usually always has to turn the TV off as I'm in dreamland ahaha. If you've not gathered already I'm a big kid at Christmas.

There is a song that is edited off the Muppets Christmas Carol DVD and TV screenings where Belle leaves Scrooge. Think it was called the Love is Gone.

Ruins it everytime I watch it now. It was on the VHS but that packed in ages ago.

Sad times.

Being honest, I used to fucking love christmas, but it's not what it was for me these days. I think people generally go through three stages of loving it - when they're a kid and getting presents, when they're a young adult enjoying all the nights out that come with it, and when you've got kids. I don't really fit any of those descriptions anymore, so it's just a bit blah for me now, especially considering it's inevitably accompanied these days by my most hated weather condition, weeks and weeks of fucking snow.

I fully expect a visit from some ghosts in the near future.

(That said, I do still love a bit of Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf and Die Hard).

Being honest, I used to fucking love christmas, but it's not what it was for me these days. I think people generally go through three stages of loving it - when they're a kid and getting presents, when they're a young adult enjoying all the nights out that come with it, and when you've got kids. I don't really fit any of those descriptions anymore, so it's just a bit blah for me now, especially considering it's inevitably accompanied these days by my most hated weather condition, weeks and weeks of fucking snow.

I fully expect a visit from some ghosts in the near future.

(That said, I do still love a bit of Muppet Christmas Carol, Elf and Die Hard).

One of my friends said this earlier to me. Yes, the Coca Cola advert was on TV last night so it's now unofficially the Christmas season, but it doesn't really mean anything or get us excited. Last year was the least Christmassy I've felt, yet I wasn't overly concerned about not being 'in the spirit'. I can already feel myself getting more into it this year though. I think the desire to watch Christmas films has taken over, plus the German market set up in Leeds on Friday so I'll be making a few trips down there over the next month or so.

I guess I'm still in the young adult stage of enjoying the nights out related to Christmas, but I don't really go for that. I think I'll just be spending time with friends in Leeds (and Berlin) and then going back home for a couple of weeks to spend time with my family and catch up with school friends.

• Paid Members

Tree's up, as of yesterday, and today we're watching Elf all day long (think it's on some channel 24 hours). Also got a new set of cooling racks and some cutters, so it's cookie time.

EDIT - nope, I was wrong. It is on tonight, though, so I'm watching Muppet Christmas Carol.

Archived