The FA Cup

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

And all that bollocks.

Starts tomorrow. I love FA Cup first round day, one of my favourite days of the footballing calendar. Potential shocks?

East Thurrock might be a tough trip for Macclesfield Town, plus I reckon Fleetwood Town might even start as favourites at home to Wycombe, flying high in the Conference as they are. Bury v Crawley Town might be a good one for your Goals Galore coupon as well.

We (oxford city) are away to Redbridge in round 1, they're the lowest ranked side left in it and currently 17th in Ryman 1 North, we're top of the Southern Premier, definately a banana skin for us, and our goalkeeper has been admitted to hospital for an infection in his leg so he's deffo out

Here's our 4th quali win at Weston Super Mare(1 step above us, also beat Eastleigh 1 step above in Quali 3)

http://www.itv.com/westcountry-east/fa-cup-action12943/

Just spent the past four and a half days researching the likes of Nantwich Town, Redbridge FC, Bromley and the like. Its an absolute ball-ache in some cases but I love it and hate it in equal measures, now the work and research is all done I can sit back (to an extent) and enjoy it, im glad FA Cup First Round day only comes round once a year though. Heres hoping for some upsets but only from teams that are easy enough to research and find stuff out about.

Just been up to get a photo alongside the FA Cup at AFC Totton's stadium. My dad also made it onto Meridian News. We've got Bradford Park Avenue at home tomorrow, should be a tight game but i'm looking forward to it.

Youve also got the worst and least informative website in the history of football, caused me no end of jip this week.

did they draw in the end then? i know they were 2-1 up with 7 mins left.

love fa cup days, bit suprised that they scheduled 1st round day on an international break, believe there is no highlights on until sunday because of the england game tomorrow. putting money on mostly league clubs on my coupon tomorrow, though i am backing fleetwood against wycombe and southport at home to barnet

Masaaki Toma will make history when he becomes the first non-British referee to take charge of an FA Cup fixture.

The Japanese official will handle the first round tie between Brentford and Basingstoke on Saturday as part of a referee exchange programme.

"His appointment shows that the FA Cup really does hold global appeal," said David Elleray, chairman of the Football Association's referees committee.

Toma was referee when England defeated Mexico 3-1 at Wembley in May 2010.

In that friendly, England's final home match before the World Cup, Toma booked three players - all Mexican.

Toma, 38, is in England along with another J-League referee Yoshiro Imamura as part of a programme between Professional Game Match Officials and the Japan Football Association.

As part of the programme, Premier League referees Howard Webb and Martin Atkinson visited Japan in June.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Second round day, today. In case you missed the draw and fixtures:-

Stourbridge v Stevenage, R2, 14:00

Barnet v MK Dons, R2, 15:00

Bradford v AFC Wimbledon, R2, 15:00

Brentford v Wrexham, R2, 15:00

Charlton v Carlisle, R2, 15:00

Chelmsford v Macclesfield, R2, 15:00

Colchester v Swindon, R2, 15:00

Crawley Town v Redbridge, R2, 15:00

Dag & Red v Walsall, R2, 15:00

Gateshead v Tamworth, R2, 15:00

Leyton Orient v Gillingham, R2, 15:00

Luton v Cheltenham, R2, 15:00

Salisbury v Grimsby, R2, 15:00

Sheffield Utd v Torquay, R2, 15:00

Sheffield Wed v Aldershot, R2, 15:00

Shrewsbury v Rotherham, R2, 15:00

Southend v Oldham, R2, 15:00

AFC Totton v Bristol Rovers, R2, 12:30

Sutton Utd v Notts County, R2, 17:00

Can't see many upsets there. Best bet is probably Chelmsford at home to Macclesfield, but I don't see Stourbridge repeating the trick against Stevenage - they might get a replay, but nothing more.

• Paid Members

We (Gateshead) have a got a winnable tie against Tamworth, could the third round await us for the first time in 50+ years?

Despite what people are saying, I would not want Newcastle or Sunderland, you'd just get the bandwagon jumping tossers using us to cause trouble.

Archived