White Ace

nfc90210

You often hear 'whose round is it?' and 'get 'em in, [insert name]' though.

Not with me, you don't. You hear "Anyone want one while I'm up?" Or "Hang on, you got the last one" or "I'm off soon so let me get these". Guess me and my mates aren't as bothered about keeping score.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did rounds at The Darkness as it was a night out and as it's a special occasion, I'll be reckless with my money on a night out. Maybe I'll trial rounds with the boyzzz. Another problem is financial constraints all round. Not only am I typically pretty skint, my mates can be skint and may feel under pressure to buy one back if they are - even if I say it's on me.

Christ, I do sound pretty stingey don't I? I'm really not though.

To be fair, this is coming from the group that plays cards for tea. Everyone plays a round of cards and the loser has to make tea for everyone. I have one sugar in my tea whilst most of the others have 2. If I lose, I get '2 sugars' chanted at me. In a normal situation, if I wanted a tea, I'd offer to make one for everyone. We have that competition though. If we're playing FIFA round someone's and there's 5 of us there, we tend to play cards and the loser doesn't play that game and makes the tea instead. The winner chooses who they team with in a 2 vs. 2 game.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

The other day, while in one of the shops by Finsbury Park Station, I noticed a new kind of White Ace in the fridge where they keep the beers and such. I assume that it's a new product from the good folks who brought us regular White Ace; I for one have never seen it before. It's called White Ace Black Apple. Like regular White Ace it is 7.5%. It costs 10p more though, 99p a can versus 89p.

I haven't drunk since the middle of November, but if I was drinking I might be tempted to try a can. Certainly, if I was already steamed up and went into an Off-Licence that carried it I would purchase a can in the interests of science.

Sadly, I can't seem to find a picture (or, well any information at all) online. The can is very similar to that of the regular White Ace but black, as opposed to blue, is the dominant colour.

Dragon Soop

Looks like we have our own version of the much vaunted Four Loko now.

Archived