White Ace

nfc90210

• Moderators

Along with the Mrs Doyle-esque "It's my turn" "No, it's my turn" "You got them in the Eagles, it's my round now" arguments of wonderful generosity, camaraderie and friendship whenever you enter a new pub.

Unless you're my mate, who'll start with "I got the last ones. I'm on Guinness.". The tight non-game playing bastard.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
What's the point in rounds though? I might just want two pints. I'm not going to buy a group of six drinks in that case. I'm genuinely not a stingey person; I just think it's silly and dated.

If you're only out for a quick one or two pints and everyone else is out for the duration it perfectly acceptable to stay out of the rounds for that night. saying that i'd probably still get a round in if there was only 6 people

It might feel like you're buying a drink for your mates but, if you keep track of who is buying, they're getting you drinks too. You might as well just buy your drinks when you want them and save having to keep track of who is on what. It just seems like a tradition that doesn't make much sense to me.

I guess there's that. We all just go up and order our seperate drinks whilst talking to each other though. That way you've not got one person carrying the drinks across the busy bar and out of the conversation.

Thats daft, why do people need to queue needlessly when one can do the dog work and the rest can sit in comfort?

• Moderators

And the out of conversation thing isn't a problem with rounds either, because if your friends actually like you and want to converse with you they'll say "You should hear this, Steve reckons..." or something like that to get you up to speed on the 2 or so paltry minutes you've missed.

I buy rounds because I want to buy someone a drink, if they offer me one back then great! But I don't buy a drink to get one back. I'd hate the thought of just buying my own and keeping tabs on who owes who a drink, fuck all that.

Archived