White Ace

nfc90210

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not much to tell, Butch. I got offered an interview at ITN via Manpower (agency) in early 2005 for a six month contract. I made the women love me during interview (one head of department and another head of HR, I tend to interview better with women.) Got the job (right down the bottom, I'm talking the literal basement) and learned loads and worked my way up to the point where I was, after some time, running al-Jazeera English's tape library, crew stock and God knows what else. I also worked at ITN in 2009 for two months again doing ingest for some educational project.

• Paid Members
article-1254342-087FF88F000005DC-454_233x423.jpg

This stuff was our teenage posion of choice. It tasted absolutely terrible and without doubt is the cause of the most vomit I've seen projected from kids drinking in a park on a Friday evening. A Friend actually bought a bottle a few months ago for a laugh, it doesn't taste half as bad now as it used too/ They've obviously gone up in the world these days.

Ala Ian Hitmanhart... They even have some shit on the market...

mug.gif

brolly.gif

t-shirt.gif

And a fucking iPhone App!

Shocking stuff.

frosty-jack-on-swing%20300.jpg

im getting me on them shirts!

Some shocking memories of White Cider though, Omega, White Lightning, Super Boss and of course the Frosty Jacks. I remember the time we all bought a 3 litre bottle and hit the lorry yard to see how it would affect us, messy night...im pretty certain i have a photo of the night somewhere, i'll dig it out.

...and who could forget The Bong King? our mate Scott decided one night to apply a bottle bong to the 1 litre bottles of White Lightning...

these things should be banned:

bottlebong2_1.jpg

...he'd drink the whole thing within about 4 seconds, needless to sat it didn't end well, a recall him falling down the stairs and vomitting in Johnny's bed. Great times.

This thread will do...

Is the rounds system outdated? I see no point in buying rounds. We all go up and get our own drinks. When I hang around in different social circles, rounds are expected. I'll pay for them in those different social circles but I think it's just laziness. Am I a dick?

• Paid Members

never been a fan of rounds, it starts ok but you always get one knobend who wants to drink faster everyone else, drinks build up, wrong drinks gets purchased, cheaper rounds get purchased in different pubs someone goes missing, rounds gets missed. It's a fucking hassle. I prefer to goto the bar at my own pace.

Rounds are the foundation of social drinking. My old dad told me, before I went to Uni, "always buy the first round", and it's been a sage piece of advice over the years.

• Moderators
never been a fan of rounds, it starts ok but you always get one knobend who wants to drink faster everyone else, drinks build up, wrong drinks gets purchased, cheaper rounds get purchased in different pubs someone goes missing, rounds gets missed. It's a fucking hassle. I prefer to goto the bar at my own pace.

It all evens out in the long run. Don't be so tight.

• Paid Members

I don't mind rounds, I do like the ease of just going to the bar every so often, but it totally depends on the size of the round and where you are. If you're talking 5 or 6, then ok, but I hate when you have like 10-12 people to buy for and the place is full. Fuck that.

It all evens out in the long run. Don't be so tight.

Every group of people always has that dodgy bastard who tries to slunk out.

Rounds are the foundation of social drinking. My old dad told me, before I went to Uni, "always buy the first round", and it's been a sage piece of advice over the years.

Absolutely agree, my Dad doled out the exact same info too. Bigger rounds can be a bit more tricky, but I reckon that's dying out anyway. In a group over 7 or 8, it mostly ends up people pairing off or going into threes or fours on rounds anyway.

Rounds are the way to go. There will always be something ace about somebody bringing a pint over to you just as you're finishing the previous one off.

Archived