White Ace

nfc90210

• Paid Members

Special Red was the shit we used to drink before school discos, although I was parcial

And the question about it being imbibed indoors... does a caravan awning count? My mum had a really classy friend years back who was fucked over when her partner died without having the foresight to make anything legal, and she was left homeless. For security she shacked up with this fucking enigma, who had no bank account or other ID, but somehow possessed a roof over his head. He was a weird bastard, gave me a bottle of whisky for my 15th on the proviso that I drink it that night (I call it "vomit night"), and was generally unpopular with that middle class set. Affairs came to a head when he took the bottle of Chardonnay that was being passed around to refill glasses, and proceeded to top it off from a bottle of White Lightning. Suffice it to say, his party attendance was somewhat curtailed from that point on, not really the behavior expected of a 60 year old normal person.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Omega was the discerning North Walian child's drink of choice.

Omega_White_Cider_25L.jpg

Smelt fucking raggee and when served warm on a bitingly cold Saturday night was the worst tasting drink ever. Also went flat after about 15 minutes of opening and melding fucking terribly with backwash.

I missed the cheap cider and bus stops phase, not becoming friends with drinkies boys until I was sixteen, at which point it was pubs and clubs. Even in those days, I felt resentful when they would wax nostalgic about their younger days (about six months earlier) in the park on the White Lightning and 20/20.

• Paid Members

I only tried 20/20 for the first time last year. Didn't really see the attraction, we necked a bottle between three of us in about 5 minutes flat and I can't say it really hit me particularly hard.

Back to the subject matter in hand, my uncle was somewhat of a connoisseur of cider and scrumpy and would often do trips to Devon and Cornwall to pick up barrels of the stuff. When he stumbled across White Lightning one fateful day in the early 90's he thought he'd hit jackpot and there was always a three litre bottle of the stuff in his fridge from that point onwards.

It was only as I grew older and started going out drinking with my mates that I discovered what an awful reputation (and taste and overall quality) the beverage had as, previously, it had been something that we'd drank chilled in glasses on hot summer days, mine with a bit of lemonade.

You can easily reach the conclusion from this that my family are a bunch of chavvy reprobates but this couldn't be farther from the truth, it's just one of those things where I guess he just didn't know what it was until it's reputation got the better of him and assumed it was just a cheap tipple.

• Paid Members
I missed the cheap cider and bus stops phase, not becoming friends with drinkies boys until I was sixteen, at which point it was pubs and clubs. Even in those days, I felt resentful when they would wax nostalgic about their younger days (about six months earlier) in the park on the White Lightning and 20/20.

I did that once, never again - we sent a tall mate in to buy us some booze, and he grabbed the stuff closest to the counter. We hung around for a while, doing fuck all, then went back to kip at my mate Kirsten's house. I woke up on the spare mattress with his ugly horrible sister Adele (A-Smell) straddling me - actually, shoulda just got it over and done with right then and there, but instead it took me by surprise and I yelled, then Kirsten twatted her one with his pillow and she ran off. I started on bars and pubs about a week later.

They still sell 20/20? Superb. I'd not seen a bottle of the stuff since about 2003.

As a Glaswegian, I can wholeheartedly assure you that Mad Dog is still available.

I didn't do the drunk at Bus Stops phase, because I'm a terrible drinker. I think we once drank some Glens' Vodka in a set of wooded trees (in the middle of the city, no less!), but apart from taking some beer into the Cinema when we were 15, I didn't do anything like that.

I'm a Sunday drinker (I hold everyone else up and annoy them). I take ages to drink things, but I don't get drunk. I get tipsy, but I can proudly say I have never been sick or even fallen over on the sauce. Everyone else gets a thousand Sambucas on a night out, but I usually stick to a pint of Guinness or two for the night.

• Paid Members
They still sell 20/20? Superb. I'd not seen a bottle of the stuff since about 2003.

Down here in the south, the only places I ever see it is in really out of the way newsagents. The kind that still sell Lipton Ice Tea, coke cans with "only 39p" on them and Fuse bars.

• Paid Members

Down here in the south, the only places I ever see it is in really out of the way newsagents. The kind that still sell Lipton Ice Tea, coke cans with "only 39p" on them and Fuse bars.

Honestly, Fuse bars? I miss the hell out of them, and Maverickabars.

• Moderators
I'm a Sunday drinker (I hold everyone else up and annoy them). I take ages to drink things, but I don't get drunk. I get tipsy, but I can proudly say I have never been sick or even fallen over on the sauce. Everyone else gets a thousand Sambucas on a night out, but I usually stick to a pint of Guinness or two for the night.

I have a friend like that. It's gotten to the point where we have "sub-rounds" wherein everyone else gets a round in while you're waiting for him to finish his drink.

• Paid Members

article-1254342-087FF88F000005DC-454_233x423.jpg

This stuff was our teenage posion of choice. It tasted absolutely terrible and without doubt is the cause of the most vomit I've seen projected from kids drinking in a park on a Friday evening. A Friend actually bought a bottle a few months ago for a laugh, it doesn't taste half as bad now as it used too/ They've obviously gone up in the world these days.

Ala Ian Hitmanhart... They even have some shit on the market...

mug.gif

brolly.gif

t-shirt.gif

And a fucking iPhone App!

Shocking stuff.

frosty-jack-on-swing%20300.jpg

Archived