New WWE logo for the Network

IANdrewDiceClay

At first glance it kind of reminded me of the logo for World Wrestling Network:

w.jpg

It actually reminded me of an upside version of this:

272079_bo06XnzVuFD0z5lln6fP4rtVg.png

Nothing could possibly ever beat this though:

images-2.jpg

It's just one of the most iconic logos ever in my oppinion. I think that represents the current product better than the scratch logo, just knock the "E" off. It's bold, it's shiny, it's clean. The only negative is that it ties them in to "the olden days" which as a company pushing forward they probably dont want. A twist on that logo would be badass as it resonates with older fans and is so recognisable.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I do believe there is a need for a new logo. As somebody said, nothing wrong with a bit of re-branding and the scratch logo isn't representative of their current product at all, but this is terrible. It looks like something that you'd see late 90s/early 2000s with new dotcom companies. It looks unprofessional and tacky.

Edit: It's the points, the horrible sharp points. Fucking get rid of them and they may have themselves a loto. Also, if the scratch doesn't represent the companies image these days, does the black & red colour scheme? I don't think so. Might as well change that too.

I like it. I'm with Freaky in that it's a way, way better representation of the company than the current one, and it's a positive change. It's fucking miles better than that bloody awful one that did the rounds a while ago - the one similar to the old block logo with a giant E taped on the side. The only thing it's not, is contemporary. But to be honest, the whole company hasn't been since about 2001, so that doesn't really matter.

There will always be people that moan because nobody ever seems to want change (particularly on this site). If most people had it their way it would be 1997 or 1992 all over again and we would have Flair in his prime and Bret Hart beating up Austin! Problem is things do change and I for one am glad!

The logo is ok. I like it. I prefer it to the boring one they have at the moment. I think a rebrand every so often is a good thing. Freshens up the look etc.

It looks OK, the logo could definately do with being more square which this one is. HOWEVER, companies shouldnt change logos on a whim, you dont see companies like Coca Cola, Apple, Nike, Adidas etc changing logos on a regular basis and there is no need here.

... although Adidas did introduce their three-lined pyramid logo later than their original.

• Paid Members
It looks OK, the logo could definately do with being more square which this one is. HOWEVER, companies shouldnt change logos on a whim, you dont see companies like Coca Cola, Apple, Nike, Adidas etc changing logos on a regular basis and there is no need here.

... although Adidas did introduce their three-lined pyramid logo later than their original.

...In 1996. This would make WWE's third logo iteration in the same amount of time.

• Paid Members

If Adidas were called outdated, out of touch and their business had been on the downturn since 2001, I'm sure they'd have changed their logo a few times as well. WWE is essentially a TV show. They aren't Coca Cola. If they feel that a logo change could freshen up the promotions image, then its a good idea. It worked in 1997. They changed the direction, and what came with that was a change in opening music, arena set up, the colour of the promotion and the alround feel of the show. The wrestling business goes in cycles and constantly needs change. Sometimes a new logo is good. Adidas dont release the same logo on the same pair of trainers every year. There are colour changes, pattern changes, size changes. Same with Coke.

Archived