Cage Pro Wrestling

Grapple Wrestling (Leeds)

• Paid Members
I think this is a very good concept, for me the more legit a match feels the better and the cage and the style your proposing would definately contribute towards this. But i do think this would be better done as a show on its own, ot on an MMA show. I think the main thing id be looking for from you would be very technical matches, i hate MMA becuase its not as technical as it should be.

Sheeeeeet.

You're saying a worked fight is more technical than a competitive and REAL fight?

What MMA are you watching?

Just tried a couple of recent UFC events and they dont do nearly enough hold based stuff for me. I dont think that in a proper fight you can really do alot of the stuff you can in a worked fight, becuase youd just get killed by your opponent

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying that a standard Wrestling hold like a abdominal stretch will work in a real fight over something like a legit MMA arm bar? That's ridiculous.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think this is a very good concept, for me the more legit a match feels the better and the cage and the style your proposing would definately contribute towards this. But i do think this would be better done as a show on its own, ot on an MMA show. I think the main thing id be looking for from you would be very technical matches, i hate MMA becuase its not as technical as it should be.

Sheeeeeet.

You're saying a worked fight is more technical than a competitive and REAL fight?

What MMA are you watching?

Just tried a couple of recent UFC events and they dont do nearly enough hold based stuff for me. I dont think that in a proper fight you can really do alot of the stuff you can in a worked fight, becuase youd just get killed by your opponent

I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying that a standard Wrestling hold like a abdominal stretch will work in a real fight over something like a legit MMA arm bar? That's ridiculous.

No im saying that you wouldnt use an abdominal stretch in a fight because you couldnt get it on but you would see it in a worked fight

• Paid Members

Wrestling isn't technical. Its about emotion and drama for the purpose of attracting an audience, hence the reason it became fake in the first place. The only time an abdominal stretch is interesting is when its an excuse for Scott Hall to slap someone across the head. Its only as technical as the other person wants it to be.

• Paid Members

Exactly.

Any technique in submissions used wrestling is to create drama, not to actually finish the fight.

If Markyy is looking at MMA to see 'hold being applied' like he does in wrestling, It's pretty clear he's gonna be disappointed. They're total different things.

Archived