Cage Pro Wrestling

Grapple Wrestling (Leeds)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can kind of see what you're shooting for here, but for me in 2011 the audience you're trying to attract are all watching UFC now, and short of promoting MMA, you won't convince em. It does sound like the kind of thing I personally would enjoy watching like, so all the best.

What are the rules going to be regarding closed fist strikes?

Edited for double post

Yes it will be something along the lines of UWFi, but I would say halfway between that and pro wrestling. The reason is that I will be putting on matches during MMA shows but they will be billed as entertainment rather than legit contests so as not to take away from what the MMA guys are doing. It is just meant to be an entertaining alternative during their shows to start with. If I run shows independently they will hopefully be much closer to bushido.

Regarding punches with closed fists, I am thinking probably illegal but I haven't done the fine tuning of the rules yet and I am more than open to suggestions.

Can kind of see what you're shooting for here, but for me in 2011 the audience you're trying to attract are all watching UFC now, and short of promoting MMA, you won't convince em. It does sound like the kind of thing I personally would enjoy watching like, so all the best.

Thank you. I am hopefully trialing it on a MMA show so Ill see how the crowd go for it. I hope there is an audience out there for it, I would like to see it done as I am a wrestling fan mainly with an interest in MMA and hopefully this is somewhere in the middle!

• Moderators

Would a crowd accept worked shoots in 2011? I know I wouldn't now as there is so much MMA about. I'd just watch that instead.

Good luck and all that, but I personally think your idea is obsolete these days.

• Paid Members
Would a crowd accept worked shoots in 2011? I know I wouldn't now as there is so much MMA about. I'd just watch that instead.

Good luck and all that, but I personally think your idea is obsolete these days.

Don't get me wrong, I'd watch it. I just think putting in front of a MMA crowd and saying, "this is entertainment", they will shit on it and just say, "It's pro wrestling in a cage. It's fake."

That as well. I think the local neanderthals who go to MMA contests when held in Liquid and such and bo all the way through Amateur rules fights would fucking riot at worked shoots

Hopefully getting them involved in banter will help them enjoy it and see it for what it is.

May be that I get some MMA fighter involved in a match too as some are interested in training at my place

Im a fan of mma and have been wrestling for a few years now so it would be something I'd like to see and do, I like doing the submission aspect of mma but dont fancy getting my face smashed in so this would be right up my street.

Would it be kinda like Bushido that was on bravo years ago?

Archived