I have a viral infection

SpursRiot2012

• Paid Members

Cheers.

I'll go into a little more detail then:

Basically, when I start the laptop up when I open task manager multiple instances of what might usually be normal exe's are running. iexplore.exe, ouc.exe, uTorrent.exe, GoogleUpdater.exe. I have to go through them and end all those processes. Whenever I try to download an anti-virus program, it suspicously won't work properly, ad-Aware won't start up, if I click on a Google link to one of those online virus scanners, the pages won't open. It's as if...it's aware...

Hey mate,

I had this a few weeks back. Completely fucked up my PC and I had to take it down PC World and get them to restore stuff in the end. I know a lot about PCs and can usually cure viruses but this one was a nasty bitch. As you say, there's not much about regarding it unfortunately, and I called around a few guys who were unable to help.

Hope you find an easier way but for me it's definitely the worst one I've had in the past 10 years.

I was about to be sympathetic having myself suffering some serious projectile vomit and lizard-y diarrhoea in the last 24 hours.

I know nothing about computer viruses.

I have lost several pounds as a result of my virus - hopefully getting yours sorted wont result in the same.

• Paid Members
Prevx

Malwarebytes Anti Malware

Spy Bot Search and Destroy

and failing all that Combo Fix

Should sort in some capacity I hope

So you're going to just list out some random, pretty common anti-virus and spyware tools, despite the fact that he has already stated that whenever he tries to download an anti virus program, it won't allow it to work. And assume that TotalDebacle who; "I know a lot about PCs and can usually cure viruses", didn't bother to try some really common free programs before giving up and wiping the whole thing?

JobberToTheStars (oooh, real name shoot, brother), are you using a Windows operating system, and which one (if you know), is it? XP, Vista, Seven etc.

Prevx

Malwarebytes Anti Malware

Spy Bot Search and Destroy

and failing all that Combo Fix

Should sort in some capacity I hope

So you're going to just list out some random, pretty common anti-virus and spyware tools, despite the fact that he has already stated that whenever he tries to download an anti virus program, it won't allow it to work. And assume that TotalDebacle who; "I know a lot about PCs and can usually cure viruses", didn't bother to try some really common free programs before giving up and wiping the whole thing?

JobberToTheStars (oooh, real name shoot, brother), are you using a Windows operating system, and which one (if you know), is it? XP, Vista, Seven etc.

Seen as the poster hasn't stated what he has and hasn't done thus far in terms of virus stuff explicitly other than google, then yeah, I'll list some shit that may help but when you've finished scoring forum points over some poor sods misfortune, give your self an enema or something as congratulations.

Try if you can signing up on the Spyware Info forums as they will help loads, but will ask you to have most of the above and run them first and list the reports where applicable before sorting

• Paid Members

Sounds familiar.

Try downloading one of the exe files from here. They're all the same file but given different names to stop the malware blocking it. It should kill any malware on your system which will let you run MalwareBytes etc to get rid of it permanently.

Worked for me when I sorted my mates computer a few months back anyway.

• Paid Members

I know exactly how to sort this, JTTS as a friend of mine had the same problem not long ago.

You need to turn your computer on in safe mode, which should stop pretty much all advanced stuff running and keep your windows very very basic.

From there, go into your Task Manager, and find iexplore.exe and end it, so that your internet isn't running at all anymore. Do the same for any other browser based .EXE as well.

Now unplug your USB dongle, or ethernet cable so that you're not connected to your modem anymore.

Reset your computer, and boot it up in normal mode again, still disconnected from the internet completely.

Then, to connect back to the internet, take your USB dongle, and shove it up your butt!

tumblr_lrye6od3361qcfy7go1_500.jpg

Archived