Delete thread.

machoman92

Hey guys,

I first signed up to this just to read a few threads about rumours and drama on the UK scene. Now I wanna take this thing seriously.

So I'm currently wrestling for G Ring Promotions. AJ Spitfire's new set up in Ulverston, Cumbria. Let me first say, regardless of what his reputation is (especially on UKFF), he does a great deal for the academy here.

I'm creating this thread to find out what the UK scene is like and I wanna keep in touch with the fans and be on your level. I just wanna be a fan again, learn what fans want to see and go about all this in the right way. I have unfortunately gone off WWE atm, and haven't watched TNA since Hogan joined. I don't feel like a wresting fan anymore, and I want you guys to change that! :D

I literally know NOTHING about the UK shows, promotions, holiday camps, bookers, the 1PW drama, etc. I've just never followed british wrestling and I feel it's now time to do so. If anyone could point out who's hot and who's not I would appreciate it.

Donny Bull and a few others from the Doncaster area (I have been told Bull is the biggest name out of those guys), did a show with us back in July. It was a good experience. Daivari and a few guys from Varsity Pro Wrestling were on our show last week, I think one of the wrestlers who gave me some good advice was called UK Kid (I could be wrong though!) so props to him. They brought a ref up with them, Steve Lynksey?

If you wanna like my page on facebook, check it out here http://www.facebook.com/pages/Taylor-West/185621594854465 There is a highlight video of my last match on the wall. I would much appreciate likes on facebook just to help get my name out there, and I wanna try and check the forum regularly and interact with you guys.

Apologies for the essay haha, and if this is in the wrong place on the forum. Thanks to anyone who responds to me,

Taylor.

your really going about this the wrong way, you should be asking this sort of stuff to promoters, wrestlers, referees because although a few members on here are quite well informed they honestly cant really provide the ins and outs of the business in this country. please, for your own benefit, walk away from this thread before you get tarred with a brush you really dont want to be.

edit* if you want to be a wrestler and if your serious about becoming a wrestler get in your car or hop on a bus/train down to Leicester and go and see Robbie Brookside because the high likelihood is you wont find better trainer in this country.

So if you're wanting to just be a fan, does that mean you're jacking in working for Spitfire or Drazic Jericho or whatever he's calling himself this week?

No it means i wanna fall back in love with wrestling as a fan as well as working too. and pretty sure its Ultimo Warrior Drazic he gets announced as!

I love it when big stars try to say humble..

='2484644']

I wanna keep in touch with the fans and be on your level.

Thanks, but you wrestle for a promotion that has "G-Ring" in its name. You're lucky if you're even at our level.

I probably said that the wrong way, I just ment I wanna be in touch with what the fans think and want. To give me an idea about it all really. Didnt mean to come across like that. And yes, G-Ring has been subject to many jokes from ourselves lol.

your really going about this the wrong way, you should be asking this sort of stuff to promoters, wrestlers, referees because although a few members on here are quite well informed they honestly cant really provide the ins and outs of the business in this country. please, for your own benefit, walk away from this thread before you get tarred with a brush you really dont want to be.

edit* if you want to be a wrestler and if your serious about becoming a wrestler get in your car or hop on a bus/train down to Leicester and go and see Robbie Brookside because the high likelihood is you wont find better trainer in this country.

Yeahhh I was told by many pros to avoid UKFF but I just thought they cant be that bad, Il give em a chance. Cheers for that, been trained by Johnny Moss originally but we are trying to get other trainers in for the academy.

Thanks anyway guys!

• Paid Members
Cheers for that, been trained by Johnny Moss originally but we are trying to get other trainers in for the academy.

Thanks anyway guys!

Hang on. I thought Johnny Moss only did a one-shot training session with G-Ring? How long have you been training to be on the main roster already?

Cheers for that, been trained by Johnny Moss originally but we are trying to get other trainers in for the academy.

Thanks anyway guys!

Hang on. I thought Johnny Moss only did a one-shot training session with G-Ring? How long have you been training to be on the main roster already?

Errmm, no... Storm did the first session (which I missed!) and Moss... he was there at least a month! Possibly longer, it was a while ago. I've been training since May. To be honest, once you've learned the moves and falls, you learn more from performing in front of an audience than any training session.

:)

Yeahhh I was told by many pros to avoid UKFF but I just thought they cant be that bad, Il give em a chance.

There are two types of Uk based wrestlers who seem to dislike the UKFF:

1) Some of the more old-school wrestlers who think we over-analyse things too much and think we are know-it-alls. This covers veteran wrestlers and some of the more full-time guys who work for companies like Premier and All-Star. They have a fair point, some of the time.

and

2) Fucking awful wrestlers who were trained badly by other shit wrestlers and know damn well (or have found out very quickly) that this forum will give them a lot of shit for being a detriment to wrestling in this country. That is also a "know-it-all, smart-arse" attitude on the forum's part, but doesn't mean it's wrong.

Thanks anyway guys!

Errmm, no... Storm did the first session (which I missed!) and Moss... he was there at least a month! Possibly longer, it was a while ago. I've been training since May. To be honest, once you've learned the moves and falls, you learn more from performing in front of an audience than any training session.

learning how to apply the lessons in selling and timing come in front of a live crowd, the fact your even making that statement shows how much you have to learn. mastering application of something you have months or even years practicing within the safe confines of training is not the same as knowing them. please listen and keep on practicing because eventually your going to wake up and realise your not very good and you should of kept on training rather than strawb yourself off and assume your good enough because unless your Ric Flair after a few months, your really not.

I can tell you this with the utmost confidence because it happened to me, eventually I had to go back into training to undo years of bad habits and a complete lack of ability to work a crowd. you are doing far more harm than good at the moment.

Yeahhh I was told by many pros to avoid UKFF but I just thought they cant be that bad, Il give em a chance.

There are two types of Uk based wrestlers who seem to dislike the UKFF:

1) Some of the more old-school wrestlers who think we over-analyse things too much and think we are know-it-alls. This covers veteran wrestlers and some of the more full-time guys who work for companies like Premier and All-Star. They have a fair point, some of the time.

and

2) Fucking awful wrestlers who were trained badly by other shit wrestlers and know damn well (or have found out very quickly) that this forum will give them a lot of shit for being a detriment to wrestling in this country. That is also a "know-it-all, smart-arse" attitude on the forum's part, but doesn't mean it's wrong.

Hahahaa. You know what, from what I have heard and who I have heard it from, I pretty much cant argue with this comment at all!

:laugh:

Thanks anyway guys!

learning how to apply the lessons in selling and timing come in front of a live crowd, the fact your even making that statement shows how much you have to learn. mastering application of something you have months or even years practicing within the safe confines of training is not the same as knowing them. please listen and keep on practicing because eventually your going to wake up and realise your not very good and you should of kept on training rather than strawb yourself off and assume your good enough because unless your Ric Flair after a few months, your really not.

I can tell you this with the utmost confidence because it happened to me, eventually I had to go back into training to undo years of bad habits and a complete lack of ability to work a crowd. you are doing far more harm than good at the moment.

Thank you! This is the kinda stuff i need to hear. Im not the type of person to think I'm Flair yet lol! I only work with other guys in the academy tbh, so people I work with every week. There's no way Im ready to just throw out a match with a pro on the spot. But yeah I understand the bad habits thing. Working the crowd feels easy when you have good reactions, but then when its a quiet crowd, getting them up for it is something we newbies seem to struggle with!

Lot of gut sucking going on in that picture Taylor.

Let me clear a few things up for you.

1) If you wrestle for one promotion (unless it's WWE, ROH or TNA) then you aren't a "pro wrestler". If you work 1 or 2 shows a month it's a hobby, even if you get paid a tenner or so per show you still aren't a pro wrestler because you don't earn a living from it.

2) If said promotion is booking *anyone* after 5 months training then booker is as much as a shitarse as his reputation suggests he is.

3) There are workers and promoters on here who have accomplished far far far more in British wrestling than you who have never, and would never dream of making a post filled with such unwarranted arrogance and ego as you just did. You want to "connect with the fans" and "make you a fan of wrestling again"? If you aren't watching as much wrestling as you can then you aren't studying your craft, and have little interest in progressing as a performer and being as good as you can be. You're a weekend warrior, and there's nothing wrong with that but at least acknowledge that you're just a regular joe who wrestles on the weekend and not proport yourself as some sort of star that we should be in mild awe of.

4) I see you mocking Adam Bowler on the APB spoof page, yet you've just made a post with about as much self awareness and delusion as any of Adam's.

There are too many great performers in the UK who ply their craft and continue to improve and improve without the need to blow their horn here or anywhere else. Be one of them, not a shitarse.

::Edited for numeracy idiocy on my part.

Archived