Chris Jericho Video interview

TheCardinal

Decent little interview, though very Fozzy-centric. Liked the little bits about wrestling though, with him pointing out that it's up to wrestlers to stand up for their characters and say "no" sometimes if they want to get ahead.

Yeah, this was my favourite part also and when he also said Jack Swagger could do better was also interesting.

• Paid Members

I don't really wanna watch 15 minutes of interview mainly about Fozzy to hear a few thoughts on WWE.

Could someone please sum up in quick bulletpoints what he says about Punk, Dolph, Mark Henry and Swagger? Many thanks.

On Punk -- he liked the first promo they did, but then it got too insider and they lost normal people by focusing too much on the wankwanks. "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" was his quote, I think.

I don't recall him being anywhere near as specific on anyone else, other than correcting the Brummie bloke going "Who should the company push?" by saying it's not as easy as the company going "push this guy" and it's down to the wrestlers themselves to get involved and protect their status/character. He did say Ziggler's been doing well.

I don't really wanna watch 15 minutes of interview mainly about Fozzy to hear a few thoughts on WWE.

Could someone please sum up in quick bulletpoints what he says about Punk, Dolph, Mark Henry and Swagger? Many thanks.

He also mentioned that he thinks Punk is as popular as Cena these days, and even "more popular on some nights".

Regarding the people "knowing when to say no", surely the issue there comes back to the lack of competition for WWE. Back in the day if Vince decided you were a midcarder, you had the option of getting a mate to chat to Easy E and seeing what your options were. If WWF refused to give you a shot, you could often try your luck in WCW (and probably get a pay rise too).

Archived