WWE Wrestlemania Revenge Tour 2012

ThePhenom

• Paid Members
And i don't see myself as the voice of Glasgow but if i don't speak up about these issues who else will? Who else is gonna stand up and raise these issues and have discussions like this?

You are truly the Martin Luthor King of Scottish wrestling fans.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Does anyone else find it interesting that there are no double dates; as in RAW and SmackDown house shows in different cities on the same night? Will more dates simply be added shortly or is it a wider indication that by April the brand split will be dead and buried?

Am i the only one that thinks of Myspace when i see the name Tom?

The WWE have went out of their way to mention which dates are Smackdown and which are Raw. The only real plus for the brand extension was these tours, the fact that they could sell out near enough every night and make twice as much money. I hate to keep tooting my own horn here but again Glasgow is the only sellout show on this tour. Maybe the WWE aren't making as much money as they used to so they could do combined shows here but still keep the brand extension, even if they charged a higher ticket price. They could come here and promote them as Supershows but on TV they are still separate entities. Of course putting the prices up is wrong, everything is subject to change, no one should be asked to pay extra just to see a few extra names but i'm thinking of ways WWE could work with it and hopefully sell out all the big arenas in the UK again. See this is what people don't understand, i'm a caring guy. Even when i go to reply to Tom i end up thinking of ways to help WWE and improve their business model. It's just what comes out of my mind. Even if the brand split doesn't end, they should have a draft anyway and swap the names around.

Does anyone else find it interesting that there are no double dates; as in RAW and SmackDown house shows in different cities on the same night? Will more dates simply be added shortly or is it a wider indication that by April the brand split will be dead and buried?

There's shows in other countries on those nights.

I'm not long back from the Glasgow show tonight, sell out of course, not me, the show. Oh who am i kidding! I loved it! For the first time since i was going through puberty i actually really enjoyed the wrestling on offer. Normally i like the entertainment and sleazy side of wrestling but i found myself really getting into the matches tonight. I got to see Kevin Nash wrestle live and that's a first for me and the show near enough was 3 hours long. I can't complain.

I'm not long back from the Glasgow show tonight, sell out of course, not me, the show. Oh who am i kidding! I loved it! For the first time since i was going through puberty i actually really enjoyed the wrestling on offer. Normally i like the entertainment and sleazy side of wrestling but i found myself really getting into the matches tonight. I got to see Kevin Nash wrestle live and that's a first for me and the show near enough was 3 hours long. I can't complain.

Dolph Ziggler vs John Morrison was a great little match and although the crowd weren't massively into it, Riley + Primo vs Otunga + McGullicuty is exactly what a tag match should be.

Big props btw to the way Alex Riley was with the kids in the crowd, he really seemed like he loved the fans. CM Punk stole the show though without even uttering a word. Everywhere you looked was the white CM Punk t-shirt and his solo bit while the crowd was leaving going round every fan making sure he slapped hands with them all was really good.

Well he didn't slap hands with everyone.....i'll leave it at that. I was in block KK and it was a good atmosphere there. I liked the Dolph Ziggler Morrison match and i thought people reacted well to all the stalling and Dolph going into the crowd etc. It was fun and it was different from anything else tonight. The 6 man tag ended a lot more quickly than i thought it would but it was really just a warm up for the main event. Alex was good with the crowd, he was one of the few that did bother to go around the barriers and i thought quite a few big names didn't really bother with the fans at ringside. I don't even think Cena did, he just rolled out the ring and headed back after that tag match. Seeing the divas in person again though..........oh my god. Why can't we have women like that in the UK and the dance contest? Did you see the girls? Swinging the hips and then the chubby one girating and wiggling oh now we're talking! Nothing better than a well experienced woman that knows what she's doing. Of course the kid won it which is only fair. I did try and go up but they didn't choose me, i was right behind the little boy aswell and i think his Mum next to him had something to do with it. She must have mouthed something at them and got him into the dance contest.

Couldn't believe they were charging

Well he didn't slap hands with everyone.....i'll leave it at that. I was in block KK and it was a good atmosphere there. I liked the Dolph Ziggler Morrison match and i thought people reacted well to all the stalling and Dolph going into the crowd etc. It was fun and it was different from anything else tonight. The 6 man tag ended a lot more quickly than i thought it would but it was really just a warm up for the main event. Alex was good with the crowd, he was one of the few that did bother to go around the barriers and i thought quite a few big names didn't really bother with the fans at ringside. I don't even think Cena did, he just rolled out the ring and headed back after that tag match. Seeing the divas in person again though..........oh my god. Why can't we have women like that in the UK and the dance contest? Did you see the girls? Swinging the hips and then the chubby one girating and wiggling oh now we're talking! Nothing better than a well experienced woman that knows what she's doing. Of course the kid won it which is only fair. I did try and go up but they didn't choose me, i was right behind the little boy aswell and i think his Mum next to him had something to do with it. She must have mouthed something at them and got him into the dance contest.

Couldn't believe they were charging

I'd read reports before the TNA stint that he attended WWE shows at Braehead too. He seemed pretty clued up and was talking about how the Zack Ryder T shirts they were selling at the show were infact banned now because of the word Spike on the back of it and Spike TV is the network that show TNA in America. He would only have known that if he read the dirtsheets. One of his sons was talking about how wrestlers bleed and he said they call it juice and he agreed but they don't do that in WWE now but TNA do it. I was thinking of doing an impression of Victor to see if he catch on but i didn't wanna show my niece up or embarress her. There's a few things i wanted to say and do today but i thought to myself just leave it, don't show yourself up.

• Paid Members

Had a great time at the Glasgow show last night.

Drew/Santino was really weird. It was worked (I'm guessing) the exact same way they'd have been doing it in other cities. Drew completely dominating poor Santino, except this time to fucking HUGE applause. Santino got the upset win to the disgust of the crowd, which I thought was a pretty rotten thing to do. Would it have really hurt them that much to give Drew a win?, last year in Aberdeen I seen Drew look like an absolute megastar, it seems such a long time ago now, real waste of a great talent.

Mcgillicutty/Otunga vs Primo/Alex Riley was far more fun than it had any right to be. There was a wee lad probably about 4 or 5 near me who made the match more entertaining with his screams of "OTUNGLE, YOU'RE A CHEAT!", d'aaaawww.

Mason Ryan squashed Curt Hawkins. There was big "WELSH BATISTA!" chants. Nuff said.

Ziggler/hoMorrison went way too long for my liking, got fun near the end, though. Johnnyboy done the most worthwhile thing in his career by getting the crowd to chant "dobber" at Dolph, but managed to un-redeem himself by doing the shittest Scottish accent of all time afterwards, seriously, I could go to Africa and find one of those kids that speak in that fucked up language with the clicking sound, and get them to try doing it, guaranteed it comes out closer than John's attempt. Fucking weapon.

The six man tag was awesome. I single-handedly made up for every lacklustre reaction Nash has had since his return, by going completely spastic when that NWO theme hit. It was great to see Cena again too. You can't help but get chills during his entrance, it's like half the arena's just got the news that they've won the lottery, and the other half just got the same news, but they've aready chucked their ticket away. I'll never tire of looking at grown men, easily into their thirties, howling in anger to the point where they're red-faced and nearly in tears just because Cena's doing a shoulderblock, it's astonishing.

Punk/Del Rio dragged on a bit, but was still good fun. Del Rio's timing of his mannerisms is great, so are Ricardo's, actually. Punk was crazy over!, he done a good job milking reactions out of the crowd from the moment he stepped out, right through to the post-match shit, good to see.

You can't beat a good night out at the wrestling!.

Archived