TNA Impact discussion - US air date 3rd Nov - SPOILERS -

Dirty Eddie

I'm suspicious that this might have been the plan all along. I actually think that the build for Roode as a face just went better than they could have ever suspected.

My evidence is incredibly flimsy, but it's this - they didn't give Roode new music and ring gear for the buildup to the BFG match. That was always puzzling, but now it kind of makes sense. Why establish new music and a new t-shirt if he's just about to turn heel? Wait until the turn is complete, then establish his new thang.

But they gave both Roode and Storm new music the night after BFG when both were Face.

Yeah, but that's like one week before he turns heel. His new music will become part of his new, solo heel persona.

I know, I'm reaching.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheerleader getting her mot out, or me going to Bound for Glory, don't which is more unlikely.

I dunno, Roode winning the title may have matched that pop for Hogan.

There isn't a reliable source on that story anyway, probs is bollocks but hey its worth thinking about, Hogan didn't get where he was by sharing the spotlight

When I first read that Roode won the title on this show after it was taped I was a bit miffed about the hole situation. But watching Roode look over at Storm's beer bottle it all made perfect sense. Bobby Roode has time to establish himsef as a heel champion against the likes of AJ Styles and it's going to be great viewing. Had Roode of won the title at BFG; a face run as champ would have established him as the man but I'm more excited that James Storm is now a ready made fiery face challenger for the World Title. If Storm is taking 6 weeks off with the concussion he reported on Twitter then it should give Roode time to impress and give us the longetivity that we all feel this story deserves.

A Bobby Roode vs James Storm mainevent feud has me more excited to be a TNA fan than any other feud that TNA has produced. Every cliche under the sun has been used by both members of Beer Money about 'waiting on the sidelines for their turn etc' but its true and the fans who regularly watch Impact have seen two guys working as a tag team who could at any minute become the next big thing in TNA, and the timing has been perfect.

The rest of this episode was good, but who is Matt Morgan kidding when he described a match with Crimson as a dream match? The two guys got shit on at Bound for Glory, which is a shame in Morgan's case and TNA have invested too much into Crimson to let him fade into obscurity now, but I hope he does and I hope its soon, they managed it with The Pope!

who is Matt Morgan kidding when he described a match with Crimson as a dream match? The two guys got shit on at Bound for Glory

Yeah, that got a good laugh out of me too.

I hate Matt Morgan's character. He's like "Mr Reasonable" and it's a very, very dull persona.

What annoys me most about Morgan is that he does nothing to accentuate his vast size. He dresses like an create-a-wrestler, and wrestles like he's a normal heavyweight. He just comes across as a slightly larger midcarder in everything he does.

It annoys me particularly as he had years to ask Kevin Nash about how to get yourself over as a big man, and either didn't bother or didn't take it in.

• Moderators

It's strange. First time I saw Matt Morgan in WWE in late 2003 I looked at him and thought that with a bit of polish he was going to be a massive star. But he's not moved on or developed from there. The ship has well sailed on him and I'd probably sack him off now, to be honest.

The only good thing that can come out of a Morgan/Crimson feud is if they end up as tag partners at the end of it.

Yeah, agreed. I thought that a while back when they teamed up for some random match. Matching gear, a cool name and all that. Certainly would be better than Morgan boring me senseless on his own.

I actually rate Crimson as the better singles wrestler (despite being green as hell) if only because Morgan is completely over-exposed and there is still potential for Crimson to improve, while Morgan hasn't advanced in years. I also liked Crimson's promo the other week, face to face with Kurt Angle. It had better intensity and believability than anything Morgan has ever done. TNA capitalised on it by not giving him any more promos. Clever.

I actually rate Crimson as the better singles wrestler (despite being green as hell) if only because Morgan is completely over-exposed and there is still potential for Crimson to improve, while Morgan hasn't advanced in years. I also liked Crimson's promo the other week, face to face with Kurt Angle. It had better intensity and believability than anything Morgan has ever done. TNA capitalized on it by not giving him any more promos. Clever.

They did give him that horrid sit down interview where he opened and closed every sentence with 'you know' and generally came across as a total bore.

I'll agree that he was fair in his face offs with Angle and Morgan though.

I actually rate Crimson as the better singles wrestler (despite being green as hell) if only because Morgan is completely over-exposed and there is still potential for Crimson to improve, while Morgan hasn't advanced in years. I also liked Crimson's promo the other week, face to face with Kurt Angle. It had better intensity and believability than anything Morgan has ever done. TNA capitalized on it by not giving him any more promos. Clever.

They did give him that horrid sit down interview where he opened and closed every sentence with 'you know' and generally came across as a total bore.

I'll agree that he was fair in his face offs with Angle and Morgan though.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the "satelite link" stuff. That was indeed quite bad.

It was the Angle one that impressed me a bit, he showed kind of a quiet, cool anger, rather than your generic shouty stuff.

• Paid Members

Matt Morgan was a riot when he was doing the one man tag team champions gimmick. I think he has potential.

I know he's been around so long that he should show more than just "potential", but the booking in TNA hasn't helped at all, he's just another guy on the roster.

I still think he'd be worth another shot in WWE, if it's ever going to all come together for him it'll be there.

I think he's a great talker for a big man. I agree with Cleetus on the one-man tag champs gimmick, and I also really liked him when he was Jim Cornette's office boy. Morgan for me will always, always be better playing off somebody - the muscle in a stable, or a bodyguard figure. It hides his limitations, and allows him to play to his strengths, with the added bonus that he's a better talker than 90% of the guys who are usually cast in that role. The only problem is that when he starts to get over in such a role (such as he did in Fourtune), Russo or whoever takes it as a sign that fans are desperate to see him turn face and embark on another weakness-exposing singles push. At that point he becomes worthless again, and the cycle re-starts.

Archived