Wrestling/Football smarts

Ravenhill Promotions

First of all, i'm not sure if this should be in off-topic, apologies in advance if it should.

My mate wrote an article on some football website in regards to football fans and, I suppose, their similiarities to wrestling fans. He'd like a bit of feedback, so if you could give your opinion on the article, be it good or bad, then it'd be appreciated.

It's only a short article, the link is: Article

Oh, and during the article he mentions I have an "aversion to smart fans", i'd just like to state that I was misquoted there :devil:

Pretty good article and I pretty much agree with his point of view. I watch Stevenage Football Club whenever I'm free on a Saturday and you see all kinds of fans, the "casuals" (often females that spend over half the game ignoring the game), the kids and average happy footy fans, and the total nerds/hardcores who either chant drunkenly all match or sit with an ear-piece in listening to every score in the league.

The other week at Dragon gate it became clear that for all the stick wrestling fan get, football fans are probably worse. I didn't exactly go around starting conversations with strangers, but everyone me and my mate spoke to at the DG-UK shows were pretty normal. No dribbling simpletons or overgrown man-toddlers with Rikishi T-shirts on. In fact, on our way home we were stuck on a train with loads of Leeds Utd fans. What a bunch of total cunts. Pissed up, stinking, farting, chanting idiots, who weren't able to refrain from calling each other "cunts" and "motherfuckers" every minute, despite their being some really young kids on the train.

Archived