The Diva's = A tea break

Jacob Israel

Women's wrestling has mostly been shit since the bubble burst in Japan (I can't even force myself to watch modern day Joshi because it's so depressing seeing how far it has fallen) sure SHIMMER has some good stuff going for it but to say that Women's wrestling in this day and age is the best wrestling in the world laughable.

Who did excluding a typo I did earlier?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I am not saying its exclusive, I was just pointing out EVERY womens wrestling thread ends up with the same few people posting "Womens wrestling is shit " or something to that effect without contributing to the debate. It doesn't need to be like that Your amusing little quip at the start of the thread was quite good for example.

Every womens thread ends up like that? Thats just bollocks isn't it? Even my pal, SBA will stick up for me there. This thread has went into a direction where people began talking about the quality of the wrestling, and then its fair game for people to state their opinion. If you dont like it, its tough shit really because its an opinion based on relavent discussion.

Also, you are a complete hungry, hungry hypo ... crite. You just admitted that you used to take great joy in slagging off Michelle McCool for her weight, appearance, ability in the ring, husband and god knows what else. If I start a thread about the Mega Powers being better than the Road Warriors or James Storm being a more credible champion than Musawa, I fully expect people to disagree or call Hogan a wrickly old, one hipped tosser. I can disagree, but I'll never tell someone they cant have that opinion. It isn't Youtube. You cant delete opinions off here if you dont agree with them. But you can still wear sunglasses as you type, if you want.

• Paid Members
As usual, everytime we have any sort of womens wrestling topic, we get the usual 4 or 5 people going on about how womens wrestling is shit.

As usual, everytime something kicks off, it's you who takes someone having the opposite opinion to yours personally and throws the first hissy fit :

I'm going to bite my tongue on Loki's post .

Hopefully off.

I actually like women's wrestling, thank you AJ, if you'd bothered to read my post.

Incidentally, I thought Michelle McCool was great. Didn't see a huge amount of her, but what I did looked good. Her boyf had obviously taught her the important stuff - character, unique style in the ring, applying eyeliner properly..

Anyway, to take this back onto Topic,

Looks like April Davids is getting a lot of praise which is great for her. If you can, check out the April Davids / Jenny Sjodin match at EVE vs ICE Ribbon when it comes out on DVD , its the best womens match I have seen in the UK, and better even than alot of what Shimmer Produce.

I would as I did last time put in a good word for Nikki Storm, shes definitely the best female wrestler Scotland has to offer (at the moment anyway)

• Paid Members

She's got a face like a spade though. So unless she works like Manami Toyota, and has a couple of peers who can work to the same the level, what's the point of her? She's not going to draw flies (except maybe rapey ones who'll go through her Amazon wishlist). How's she been a 'phenomenon all over the UK'? I've not heard of her until today.

I go away for a day and all hell breaks loose on the thread. Oh well, such is life.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if the thread goes a little bit off topic, its no big problem really is it?

The purpose of the thread was to get peoples recommendations on who are the BEST female workers in the UK. Obviously, the cosmetic appearance of female workers is always going to play a part. But my thinking was, If i was to watch a match between two female workers in the UK, which match would i would watch so that i wasnt bitterly disappointed.

I know April Davids is an awesome talent, and i am a fan of Sjodin too. But it was just a question to see what other female performers of note are out there as it is a part of the British Wrestling scene that i have not had much exposure to.

Happy days.

I go away for a day and all hell breaks loose on the thread. Oh well, such is life.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if the thread goes a little bit off topic, its no big problem really is it?

The purpose of the thread was to get peoples recommendations on who are the BEST female workers in the UK. Obviously, the cosmetic appearance of female workers is always going to play a part. But my thinking was, If i was to watch a match between two female workers in the UK, which match would i would watch so that i wasnt bitterly disappointed.

I know April Davids is an awesome talent, and i am a fan of Sjodin too. But it was just a question to see what other female performers of note are out there as it is a part of the British Wrestling scene that i have not had much exposure to.

Happy days.

As well as Davids and Sjodin, check out Erin Angel, Nikki Storm and Pippa L'Vynn. Pippa generally seems to wrestle for her own promotion, for which tickets cost

• Moderators

I saw Pippa L'Vinn on a Guvnor card. She was alright I thought, a welcome change from her dayjob consisting of the kind of wrestling they'd advertise in the cheap ersatz Apter mags. But why take on Pippa L'Vinn when you can go to her "wrestling" place and take on MARCO who appears to be freshly signed from Bad Boys Wrestling.

If it's

Archived