The Diva's = A tea break

Jacob Israel

I have no earthly idea about the UK women's scene, but I'm a big fan of TNA's excellent women's division. Gail Kim has made an immediate impact on her return, she's one of those wrestlers who's only good in one fed.

For some reason, Mickie James is the one who gives me the biggest horn, I like her cuddly shape and her cracking tits. I'm also partial to a bit of Velvet Sky, but that's as much as liking her character as anything else as she wears too much slap. Miss Tessmacher has the finest/weirdest arse in the world, it retains a curve even when her thighs are at 90 degrees, which is strange. I don't really care if the girls have great ring skills (generally they don't) as long as they have a good storyline in their matches and dress sexily.

The women's matches are great on Impact, but always fall flat on PPV for some reason. They're best when they're the opening match. I think the injection of sexual thoughts into, say, the slot before the main event just confuses the audience, best to get the voyeurism out of the way at the start.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
They're best when they're the opening match. I think the injection of sexual thoughts into, say, the slot before the main event just confuses the audience, best to get the voyeurism out of the way at the start.

The alternative would be to inject sexual thoughts into the main event itself. Have Kurt Angle molest Mr Kennedy, Roode teabag Sting etc. That would STILL be less weird than some of the fandom around womens wrestling.

I'm going to bite my tongue on Loki's post .

However I feel I should say something to defend the womens wrestling fanbase, I for one haven't bought anything off an Amazon Wishlist for any female wrestler. I think there are a couple of other people who are ... eccentric, but thats the case with any fanbase. Most of the people at EVE vs ICE Ribbon were the same as any crowd I've seen anywhere (Outside of ICW) if a little smaller.

• Paid Members

For me, the dislike of female wrestling boils down to the same reasons I don't watch women's cricket or football. They are generally slower and lack many of the skills, and as such they come across as far less enjoyable.

It's not their fault, of course, and no offence to any female wrestlers knocking around on here, but I would imagine it's the same for most people.

• Paid Members

What I hate about women's wrestling is that 90% of it is fucking dreadful, but some people critique it as if its high art. I like my wrestling, and I like my women, and if you put the two together, I can understand if its, like, one match per show. But a full 8 match card featuring some women is terrible. Wrestling is about characters, larger than life personas and a battle of good vs evil between two different personalities. Thats why Bull Nakano vs Alunda Blaze was good, thats why Trish vs Victoria was good. Thats why even Sable vs Luna was good. Its not two daft women wearing very little exposing the business with weak as piss elbows on a independent event infront of people with their iphones in their hand about to click send on the Amazon Wishlist.

Like Jackie Fargo said "I hate the women wrestlers and I hate the midget wrestlers. They shouldn't be in my profession".

• Moderators
I'm going to bite my tongue on Loki's post .

Or instead of pretending to be superior to it, why not debate it. We all know you aren't above it, so don't make passive-aggressive remarks in lieu of actual argument.

For me, the dislike of female wrestling boils down to the same reasons I don't watch women's cricket or football. They are generally slower and lack many of the skills, and as such they come across as far less enjoyable.

It's not their fault, of course, and no offence to any female wrestlers knocking around on here, but I would imagine it's the same for most people.

Indeed. And the worst thing is that if you call a spade a spade and point out that women's wrestling is pretty much always shit then you are a sexist. I say the real sexists are the ones who cyber tousle the hair of women's wrestlers patronisingly, and say it's good when it's shit. They are putting women back years by refusing to treat them in the same stern and fair manner they would men. And that's far worse for the females. It's not "empowering", it's responsible for shit matches and treating women unfairly.

I can understand if its, like, one match per show. But a full 8 match card featuring some women is terrible.

Yup. Wrestling is good when it's like the Circus. If you don't like the clowns you can watch the trapeze in the form of comedy wrestlers, or the elephants in the form of the women wrestlers. It fills a lovely gap for toilet/drink/fag breaks, and calms crowds down before main events, but I couldn't watch it all day.

• Paid Members
Indeed. And the worst thing is that if you call a spade a spade and point out that women's wrestling is pretty much always shit then you are a sexist. I say the real sexists are the ones who cyber tousle the hair of women's wrestlers patronisingly, and say it's good when it's shit. They are putting women back years by refusing to treat them in the same stern and fair manner they would men. And that's far worse for the females. It's not "empowering", it's responsible for shit matches and treating women unfairly.

Agreed, and I think that such unnecessary praise also borders on patronising as well.

I'm not suggesting that women's wrestling should not be given some leeway. For instance, when I watch women's athletics I'm not expecting them to run 100m faster than Usain Bolt and when I watch women's tennis I'm not expecting Venus Williams to serve faster than Andy Roddick. I know, due to the fact that there are physical differences that generally exist between the genders, that it would be unfair to directly compare the two and as such female wrestling should be judged on a lower plain.

But like with cricket and football and possibly a number of other sports, women's wrestling falls WAY short of what I am personally looking for. Maybe it's due to the fact that tennis and athletics, as examples, have been staples of female sport for a lot longer than cricket, wrestling and football have and, therefore, they are a few decades behind where they could be.

Of course, there are exceptions and you do get some good matches and some good wrestlers. In general, though, it's just not for me, and I've been staggered recently by some people talking up the performances of Beth Phoenix especially when I think she is actually having the worst run performance wise of her career. That kind of misplaced praise doesn't help anyone involved.

As usual, everytime we have any sort of womens wrestling topic, we get the usual 4 or 5 people going on about how womens wrestling is shit.

I ain't gonna lie and say womens wrestling is the greatest wrestling in the world, but I enjoy it.

Firstly, The point of this thread was recomending womans wrestling in the UK, putting posts about the physical apperance of females on TNA is just pointless and crass.

Secondly, Guys we get it, you don't like womens wrestling you don't need to ram it down everyones throats everytime they post a womens thread on UKFF.

Can we please get back to the point of this thread, Can you name any good female wrestlers in Britain. It helps if you watch Womens wrestling in Britain first.

• Paid Members
As usual, everytime we have any sort of womens wrestling topic, we get the usual 4 or 5 people going on about how womens wrestling is shit.

Sorry. I do apologise. Didn't realise this thread was exclusive to people who don't want to debate or even defend why they like women's wrestling. Anytime you have a negative opinion, can you keep quiet as well then?

• Moderators
Firstly, The point of this thread was recomending womans wrestling in the UK, putting posts about the physical apperance of females on TNA is just pointless and crass.

Yeah, because nobody here ever passes judgement on the way the male wrestlers look here on the UKFF. Stop white knighting. Wrestling is a visual and very cosmetic industry. Looks mean a fucking shitload in wrestling, and it's idiocy to suggest otherwise, henceforth discussing the appearance of wrestlers is not only fair game, but also bloody important.

I trust you will no longer be commenting on the appearance, looks and bodies of any wrestlers male, female or mineral anymore then as it's pointless and crass?

• Paid Members

I ain't gonna lie and say womens wrestling isn't the greatest wrestling in the world, but I enjoy it.

Secondly, Guys we get it, you don't like womens wrestling you don't need to ram it down everyones throats everytime they post a womens thread on UKFF.

Can we please get back to the point of this thread, Can you name any good female wrestlers in Britain. It helps if you watch Womens wrestling in Britain first.

It's called the evolution of a debate, a debate you were happy to be involved in until this post, I may point out.

What I hate about women's wrestling is that everything they do exposes the business and (like women's football) looks weak as piss compared to the way men do it. Granted, I've knocked a few over a fair few of them (Torrie, Chyna, Steph to name but a few) and even enjoyed some of there work (Isis, ODB) but ultimately, it's drivel.

Women's wrestling has mostly been shit since the bubble burst in Japan (I can't even force myself to watch modern day Joshi because it's so depressing seeing how far it has fallen) sure SHIMMER has some good stuff going for it but to say that Women's wrestling in this day and age is the best wrestling in the world laughable.

Sorry. I do apologise. Didn't realise this thread was exclusive to people who don't want to debate or even defend why they like women's wrestling. Anytime you have a negative opinion, can you keep quiet as well then?

I am not saying its exclusive, I was just pointing out EVERY womens wrestling thread ends up with the same few people posting "Womens wrestling is shit " or something to that effect without contributing to the debate. It doesn't need to be like that Your amusing little quip at the start of the thread was quite good for example.

As for the reason I enjoy womens wrestling is the same reason I enjoy British Wrestling or Indy Wrestling, its something different from the WWE

I trust you will no longer be commenting on the appearance, looks and bodies of any wrestlers male, female or mineral anymore then as it's pointless and crass?

Since I haven't outside a certain wrestler who is now retired, I think its safe to say I won't be.

Archived