Birmingham

Craig The Hunter

For convenience, you could just stay in the Academy -- that's still a club on Saturdays after gigs, right? I've not been since about 2003. Scruffy Murphy's isn't far from there, either. I personally recommend Snobs and/or Subside, even though both are shit. They're the only places I ever go in Birmingham. Subside seems empty as fuck every time I go there (I only ever go there after Snobs closes at 3, because Subside stays open til 6), but everyone there is the sort of greasy longhair who likes Iced Earth. Snobs usually has a good crowd, and often pulls in a younger demographic so you could get the Megabus home with your fingers smelling of sixth form.

• Paid Members

I'm from Birmingham. It's mostly shit. Except Snobs. Depends what you're looking for. It's much easier to get drugs in Birmingham than one or two other big cities in my experience. Not that I particularly go looking, but I found in Brum strangers are VERY open in offering you shit as opposed to waiting to be asked if they're dealing.

I agree, go for Snobs. Its a decentish enough night there, and I think its cheaper before 11:30pm. Don't worry about walking in Birmingham, I do it very often and that part of the city centre is usually completely dead. Broad Street is the worst place to be at that time. The megabus should show up as it has done everytime I've had to catch it, its at the Priory queensway right?

• Paid Members
I'm from Birmingham. It's mostly shit. Except Snobs. Depends what you're looking for. It's much easier to get drugs in Birmingham than one or two other big cities in my experience. Not that I particularly go looking, but I found in Brum strangers are VERY open in offering you shit as opposed to waiting to be asked if they're dealing.

:laugh: having lived there most of my life that post sums Birmingham up pretty well. But yeah, Snobs is alright. Probably you're best bet. And like Lawz said, you shouldn't have any problems at that time in the area it's a ghost town round there by then.

Archived