Ticket prices for British shows

Ravenhill Promotions

Just a bit of market research here.

Obviously as a promoter my main goal is to sell tickets, and i've always sold them as an Adult, Child and Family ticket. However on some occasions, venues have suggested I sell tickets at one price all across the board, their reasoning being that a 'seat is a seat' so should cost the same whomever sits in it.

Now WWE sells tickets at one price for all, and I notice that some UK promotions do. I also notice that some UK promotions sell tickets with concessions like myself.

What's your opinion on this?

• Paid Members

Just do what airlines do and if you're over 5 years old, you're classed as an adult. I'd love to see that logic applied to the bar.

Kid: "Can I have a whiskey, please?"

Barman: "You have got to be kidding?"

Kid: "Well my mummy did pay for an adult seat and said I should get the perks."

I suppose that's the logic of, "A seat's a seat." I guess as has been mentioned above, look at how many family tickets you're selling and see if it's worth keeping tiered ticket prices?

We do sometimes offer incentives such as money off if you turn up in Halloween dress

Just at Halloween right?

We will be charging extra for a special attraction next year ie a cage match

Good luck with that. I don't think that will go down too well. If you can afford to do something special/expensive like a cage match at the price you already charge then you should, but if you need to increase the ticket prices to afford it then you shouldn't be doing it. It should be a bonus for your fans, not something they need to pay extra for.

• Paid Members
Good luck with that. I don't think that will go down too well. If you can afford to do something special/expensive like a cage match at the price you already charge then you should, but if you need to increase the ticket prices to afford it then you shouldn't be doing it. It should be a bonus for your fans, not something they need to pay extra for.

That's the best argument for free PPV events I've heard yet, then.

I think british wreslting should continue with its student discount and cheaper child tickets. For example, my friend is coming to southside with me on december 10th, he will be bringing his child. If the ticket was an adult price then he wouldn't. It fills the place out.

Funnily enough I had been thinking about ticket prices recently in general and how they differ. Going off topic first I always said to myself if I did ever promote it would be in a more set up venue with walk up ticket facilities ala a theatre etc just as I think paypal ordering/ mob numbers etc to order can put people off especailly if your not esablished.

Archived