WWE/TNA Draft

Green

• Paid Members

I'll admit that my first thoughts were similar to NEWM's in that, given the chance, I'd happily rob TNA of their best guys and send them some twats like Morrison in return. I've much more desire to improve WWE than TNA, even if it would result in an even bigger gulf between the two.

However, in the spirit in which the thread was conceived, I'll try to benefit both shows...

TNA to WWE:

1. Hulk Hogan.

Hogan has done everything he can for TNA by now and there isn't much more TNA can do with Hogan. A return to WWE for Hulk for a proper retirement would be a beautiful thing and I think it would be a crying shame for the business if it never happens.

2. Kurt Angle.

Similar to Hogan, I feel Kurt has done as much for TNA as he can by now. It would be great to see him return to WWE, where he could realistically fit straight back into the main event scene if they wanted him to (and why wouldn't they? WWE seem to be crying out for credible main eventers right now). Kurt made an enormous impact in WWE and his return would make for a great angle, no pun intended. Not since the days of WCW has a legitimate main event talent come straight into WWE from another promotion. Debuts and returns like that used to be so exciting and it just doesn't happen in this day and age.

3. James Storm.

Unlike Hulk and Kurt, Storm doesn't have a history with WWE, so he would be a brand new face to introduce. Storm doesn't have the best physique, but still manages to have a great look and comes with bags of charisma- the most important ingredient for real success in the big league. I really think he would make a fantastic upper-midcarder, with potential to be main event. As already mentioned, he already works a very WWE style, he's a perfect fit. WWE might want to change his name though, but I would actually welcome that. I hate the name 'Storm' for wrestlers.

4. The Pope.

I haven't been watching loads of TNA recently, but from what I have seen, Pope doesn't seem to be doing anything. In TNA he showed that, given the opportunity, he can deliver on the mic and in the ring. Like Storm, he has a natural charisma. I think he would make a decent mid-card act in WWE. He wouldn't make a big impact, but I'd like to see WWE give him a second chance anyway.

5. Samoa Joe.

A controversial choice, given that I don't really like the guy much and I know a lot of lads on here don't care much for the chubby fuck either, but to be honest I'm struggling to think of five guys that I would actually want to bring in from TNA and I wanted to avoid picking too many ex-WWE guys. Just for the fact that he would be a new face and TNA have pretty much booked him into a position where he can no longer make any kind of positive contibution on their show, I would take a chance on him. I think the guy can really go in the ring when he's motivated and WWE would do a much better job of managing his image than TNA have, or that he has done himself. His career has gone to shit in recent years, so maybe this could be the chance for him to turn it back around.

WWE to TNA:

1. John Morrison.

I mentioned him at the top of the post as a bit of a joke, as that is what he has become in WWE, but Morrison would fit in at TNA. They could build the X-Division around him, stick him in a tag team or even push him as a main event threat if they so wished. His style certainly suits TNA better than WWE. He'd be a massive fan favourite, given his name value alone.

2. Jack Swagger.

Now, I like Swagger and have no desire to see him leave WWE, but in the interest of improving both WWE and TNA through this draft, I would send him to TNA where they could promote him as their new Kurt Angle. Swagger could easily be pushed as one of the promotions top heels and I think he would have some great matches with some of the established TNA names, like Styles, Roode, Morgan etc.

3. Christian.

This would make for a fun return angle. Christian is a big name that would add value to Impact, as he did first time he went there. He seems to have been as high as he is ever likely to get in WWE- I don't see any more World titles for him, but in TNA he would bring credibility to their main event picture.

4. Drew McIntyre.

Like Swagger, McIntyre would be a new face with name value. He isn't doing anything of any note in WWE, but TNA could put him right at the top of the card and I reckon he would swim. He's a talented worker, that can talk aswell. I've made an effort to send some talented younger guys over to TNA, rather than veterans with nothing but name value to offer- TNA have enough of them as it is. Drew could be a big star in TNA- he has a stronger look than most of their roster.

5. William Regal.

I love Regal, but it would seem his in-ring career is over in WWE and his current gig as the D-Show commentator isn't making the most of his talents by a long shot. Regal is a character that I think would really brighten up Impact, whether as a wrestler or in a non-active role. He could form an alliance with the British guys they already have, or he could play an authority figure- he was tremendous in his brief stint as Raw GM. So many of the guys in TNA could learn so much from William Regal, he would be a terrific acquisition for them.

I've tried to strengthen both shows without weakening either with my picks. It's not easy, as there are talented guys in that list leaving WWE that I wouldn't want to see leave, but I think the picks work out alright for both sides.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator
WWE:

1, Sting - Agree with everything Ian said. Plus it would be nice to watch my wrestling hero have his final run in front of proper crowds.

People who say "the audience won't know who Sting is, so it won't work" need a slap. Even if they don't know him as Mr. WCW, Sting has so much charisma and acts like he's important, the fans will get he's a big deal.

Plus, WWE own all his WCW footage, they could whip up a month or two's worth of "STING IS COMING" videos with shots of him beating the likes of Flair, Hogan, Foley etc in front of big crowds, with audio of JR and all shouting about "The Icon, the man they call Sting" and so on. Perception is reality, and even if you know nothing about Sting or WCW, if WWE pushed it strongly enough as a massive deal (which it would be), you'd care regardless.

I never watched WCW, so apart from the odd mention in the Ross Report on WWE.com, I'd never heard of Rey Mysterio Jr in 2002. But before he debuted, WWE put together a little series of clips of him doing crazy moves, lots of shots of the mask, and captions like "You think you've seen high-flying? You ain't seen nothing yet". By the time they did the one that ended with "COMING NEXT WEEK" I was fucking hyped to see him, and the little blighter didn't disappoint (I can still vividly recall that top-of-the-cage cross body onto the Unamericans).

That, or they rip off The Simpsons and their "Gabbo Gabbo Gabbo Gabbo GABBO!!!" approach, but either way, make sure every single fan knows how big a star he is and you're mostly sorted.

Not that it'll happen, of course.

To WWE:

1) Aries (He is the man)

2) Storm (Great WWE style)

3) Roode (Great all rounder)

4) Samoa Joe (Would love to see some Punk vs Joe matches again)

5) Velvet Sky (fit...thats all i have)

To TNA:

1) Great Khali (They dont have a giant. He would be amazing there)

2) Morrison (Just for X-Division flips and shit)

3) Hornswaggle (only to win the TV title off of Young)

4) Beth Pheonix (She would rule the Knockouts division)

5) Tyson Kidd (would be superb in the X-Division)

This list is purely for my entertainment, so business considerations go out the window - I couldn't give two fucks about how many toy manufacturers pull their sponsorship cash when Cena fucks off to TNA.

To WWE:

1) Hulk Hogan - obvious reasons

2) Sting - as above

3) Robert Roode - as stated, he's probably got more untapped potential than anyone in the business today.

4) Jeff Hardy - as previously stated, a great babyface in the WWE environment. A chance to start again with a clean slate, because his 'redemption' story in TNA isn't working for me.

5) Jeff Jarrett - He'd instantly be one of the two or three best heels in the WWE. Has really matured as a performer since his last stint in the big time, and I'd love to see him get another shot there.

To TNA:

1) John Cena - For two reasons. Number one, I'd love to see how the WWE deals with the challenge of going a year or so without their default fall-back plan of throwing the title back on Cena every 6 weeks or so - who knows, they might actually push somebody new and stick to it for a change. Number two, I'd like to see Cena outside the constraints of the clean-cut character he's played for what seems like the last century - who knows, TNA might even be crazy enough to turn him.

2) Christian - I'm still a big fan of Christian; when pushed well, there are few performers I enjoy watching more, and nobody pushed Christian better than TNA.

3) Kaitlyn - I'm with Ian. Kaitlyn is the best wank material to emerge in wrestling for years, and I'd like to see her somewhere those talents would be appreciated.

4) Jim Ross - I think the man under the black Resistol hat would be like a house of fire given free reign on commentary in TNA, especially if he has the chance to have a few digs at his former employer.

5) John Morrison - serves almost no purpose in the WWE outside of the MITB PPV, yet would be perfect for the X-Division.

Eh, I'll give it a go.

To WWE:

1. Sting- I love Sting but the truth is us fans have often thought about an Undertaker/ Sting match. Given ample building time (like starting in Survivor Series for a Wrestlemania match) it could be truly electric. We deserve this.

2. Magnus- He's tall, good body and has an interesting personality. Him and Barrett as some sort of team or friendly rivals? Also he's progressed as a wrestler recently.

3. Samoa Joe- When motivated he can be a real asset. I'm not saying he could be a WWE champion or anything but he could be a solid mid card and easily fit into the Umaga role.

4. Bobby Roode- As everyone's said, Roode is a solid wrestler, great mic skills and deserves a shot at the big time. WWE could be so good or real damaging for him. Either way, he deserves a shot.

5. ODB- Dunno where she went but the Divas division could really do with someone who stood out as much as she does.

To TNA:

1. Kofi Kingston- He showed alot with his storyline with Randy Orton, but has been dropped for a while. I think in TNA he could do something more worth while.

2. Christian- As said earlier, when pushed Christian is a world class player, and TNA was his biggest push and he excelled after a false start. Him going back could be good.

3. Jim Ross- He would be treated 10 times better in TNA and he would be a welcome addition to the rather average team of Tenay and Taz.

4. Evan Bourne- Just shove him in the X Division and maybe he could develop a personality like he had in ROH.

5. Daniel Bryan- Given a Desmond Wolfe like push from the get go and not continually berated over commentary, would do wonders for one of the most versatile wrestlers ever.

To WWE

1) and 2) With WWE doing something with the tag divison right now, would be a great way to introduce them. At a later date they could try to break out and become single superstars.

3) AJ Styles-Would be interesting to see if WWE could do something with him.

4) Sting- Since WCW folded I've always wanted to see Sting in the WWE. It needs to happen before he calls it a day, be a shame if it never happens.

5) Doug Williams- Wouldn't be more than a mid-card talent at best but could mix it on Smackdown and do well.

To TNA

1) Kane- Like stated, would be interesting to see what TNA would do with him, been with WWE what seems like forever.

2) Rey Mysterio- An healthy Mysterio in TNA would be fantastic.

3) Dolph Ziggler- A real star in the making. Should be a big deal and main eventer where ever he works.

4) William Regal- Great talker, massive amount of experience, fantastic worker.

5) JR- Vince seems to get a massive kick out of making him look silly, would make a great change from Mike Tenay.

To WWE

1) and 2) With WWE doing something with the tag divison right now, would be a great way to introduce them. At a later date they could try to break out and become single superstars.

3) AJ Styles-Would be interesting to see if WWE could do something with him.

4) Sting- Since WCW folded I've always wanted to see Sting in the WWE. It needs to happen before he calls it a day, be a shame if it never happens.

5) Doug Williams- Wouldn't be more than a mid-card talent at best but could mix it on Smackdown and do well.

To TNA

1) Kane- Like stated, would be interesting to see what TNA would do with him, been with WWE what seems like forever.

2) Rey Mysterio- An healthy Mysterio in TNA would be fantastic.

3) Dolph Ziggler- A real star in the making. Should be a big deal and main eventer where ever he works.

4) William Regal- Great talker, massive amount of experience, fantastic worker.

5) JR- Vince seems to get a massive kick out of making him look silly, would make a great change from Mike Tenay.

Pick 1 and 2 to WWE would be Beer Money, forgot to state. :confused:

I'm just going to send 5 guys from TNA to WWE, the reason being that TNA are over crowded as it.

Abyss. He isn't in good shape, but he has an original enough character that he plays with conviction. It feels unlikely it would happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing WWE acknowledge his previous accolades and build up a match between him and Kane. They could do that without mentioning TNA by name, if they must, and it would generally be better for their big match if they acknowledged Abyss's, or Chris Parke's, reputation.

Samoa Joe. Done it all in TNA and is currently getting completely crapped on. He's a fantastic wrestler and has fine tuned his new attitude well enough that I could envision him doing fine in backstage skits. Or heck, they could bring him in as a babyface.

Madison Rayne. A good bitchy heel, I would welcome seeing her stroll down the ramp with that regal wave instead of all these other pretty yet bland faces who just smile inanely.

The British Invasion! My last 2 picks. Although I would still love to see them on Impact Wrestling, time seemingly doesn't permit it and also, they're already former tag champions. In the WWE they have new goals. Magnus is fantastic, the way he talks and props himself up is hilarious and I reckon he could throw some humorous banter at Air Boom, Zigglar & Swagger or whoever the WWE tag champs would be.

Bully Ray would be someone I wouldn't mind seeing have a future WWE run, but right now he's yet to really prosper in TNA. Initially he got a win over AJ but since then he's been an Immortal crony and just keeping Jeff Hardy warm for Jarrett.

• Paid Members
Abyss. He isn't in good shape, but he has an original enough character that he plays with conviction. It feels unlikely it would happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing WWE acknowledge his previous accolades and build up a match between him and Kane. They could do that without mentioning TNA by name, if they must, and it would generally be better for their big match if they acknowledged Abyss's, or Chris Parke's, reputation.

Original character? The only thing original about him is that they never called him Mankantaker. Who on planet earth would want to see Abyss vs Kane? Also what reputation does Chris Parks have? That he has really shit matches unless he's in there with Kurt Angle. If Abyss ever did turn up in WWE, pretending every match in his overexposed career would be the first step in the right direction. It would be fun to hear Michael Cole try and explain what a Last Rites match is.

Original character? The only thing original about him is that they never called him Mankantaker. Who on planet earth would want to see Abyss vs Kane? Also what reputation does Chris Parks have? That he has really shit matches unless he's in there with Kurt Angle. If Abyss ever did turn up in WWE, pretending every match in his overexposed career would be the first step in the right direction. It would be fun to hear Michael Cole try and explain what a Last Rites match is.

I really wish you would stop sitting on the fence Ian. Tell us what you really think of Abyss. :laugh:

• Paid Members

Its a strange one but I'm really looking at saving reputations and building stars so I'm sure a lot of these picks will get shitted all over but hey ho.

TNA to WWE

1) Ric Flair

2) Sting

3) Rob Van Dam

4) Hulk Hogan

5) Kurt Angle

Literally, these 5 are all about saving their reputation in a sense. Angle's done all he can in TNA and has had some great matches but one more run in WWE should always be on the cards for him and there's a number of talent there that he could have great matches with. Van Dam really has bored me since going into TNA, he just seems so half assed about everything these days and staying there any longer is going to make his earlier years become overshadowed.

The other 3 are purely that TNA isn't right for them. Flair has become a joke to me, the man shouldn't still be taking bumps in ring. Hogan vs Sting while the ending was a great moment for people watching wasn't anything in ring and probably shouldn't have happened in that sense. All 3 going onto Legends Deals in WWE to do occasional appearances and enjoy retirement would be a much better thing in terms of them doing any more wear and tear to themselves.

WWE to TNA

1) Dolph Ziggler - Ziggler in TNA would be nothing but a good thing, the chance to shine as a main eventer there, to be given the chance to run with the ball would be an ideal oppertunity for someone of his talent. He could easily have great matches with Roode, Storm, Styles, Aries and so on, could be great for the company.

2) John Morrison - I feel like Morrison would be allowed to go even further with his whole risk taking in a place like TNA where they're striving to be competition and need that edge. Again he could have great matches with a lot of people. Could even make a good tag team with the man below.

3) Heath Slater - Zero Charisma, its hard to hide the fact. But in ring he is a very good wrestler and seller and should have more credit and more of a chance to go with it. A destined tag guy really for me, maybe teaming with Morrison as a 2011 version of The Rock N Rave Infection with Christy Hemme as a mouthpiece could do wonders for him, would mean he could work at what he does well, wrestling.

4) Tyson Kidd - Would be great for the X Division, big fan of his work but his size works against him in a place like WWE. Would have a chance in TNA though.

5) Brodus Clay - I hate Abyss, I hate Crimson and I'm not too fond of Matt Morgan, this is the monster that TNA needs. Could easily drop in as a bodyguard to Roode or Aries, getting better in the ring as well. Would get a chance to shine in TNA.

I said it was original enough, and I'm mainly referring to his last 2 years where he's had these neurotic and highly strung attributes.

All that's really needed to be mentioned is that Abyss was known as 'the monster' in that other promotion.

• Paid Members

TO WWE

1. Sting - I'd love to see Sting end his career with a Wrestlemania match. The excitement around the Undertaker return promos earlier in the year shows there's still a real appetite from people to see Sting in WWE. In TNA he doesn't really feel as big a deal as he should do. But in WWE, he'd feel like something special.

2. Mr Anderson/Kennedy - He's started to grate on me in TNA, but he'd be a massive shot in the arm to the WWE Smackdown roster. If his character and promos were more controlled he'd be great on the WWE roster.

3. Madison Rayne - She's good on the mic, and there's not many WWE divas who are. To get the division over again, they need decent talkers, and here's one for them.

4. Alex Shelley - I think he has a load of potential, way more than he's been able to show in TNA. Maybe he'd get that chance in WWE, maybe not. But reunite him with Kevin Nash, and see what happens...

5. Kurt Angle OR Jeff Hardy - This was a tough one, so I'm copping out. Kurt Angle's return to WWE could be goosebump enducing, and an Angle/Punk feud could be brilliant. Then there's Angle/Miz, Angle/Cena, Angle/Mysterio and Angle/Sheamus. But Jeff Hardy/Cena has never been fully explored, and Jeff Hardy/Mark Henry has never been explored. Hardy/Punk II could be brilliant, and Hardy/Miz could also be worth watching. Providing he can keep clean.

I was also tempted to switch Jeff Jarrett, Hulk Hogan or Samoa Joe. Ultimately I think there's more desire to see TNA stars in WWE in my mind than the other way around.

TO TNA

1. John Morrison - There's potential to make money from the guy, but it just ain't happening in WWE. He'd fit right in on the TNA roster and would probably propel right to the top of the roster quite quickly.

2. Natalya - She's never really gone anywhere in WWE, but she'd be a fun addition to the TNA Knockout Divison.

3. Sin Cara - He just doesn't fit in on the WWE roster, but I think TNA could make good use of the guy.

4. Kofi Kingston - He's kind of on a go-nowhere lull in WWE, but a refreshed, new start could do him a world of good.

5. The Big Show - He's done all there is to do in WWE, but TNA don't really have someone his size. He'd bring an interesting new dynamic to the roster.

Archived