Men & The Toilet Seat

Steve Justice

I went to a football match at the weekend, and needed the usual piss at half-time. So I trotted off to the gents... to be greeted by the sight of some dude at the trough with his trousers and pants round his ankles, arse out and pissing like an elephant. That was weird.

• Moderators
I've just transferred to a new office and they have no urinals in any of the blokes toilets. I had a right fucking shock on my first day because I kept on thinking I'd walked in to the womens. It's certainly less barbaric but at the same time all the seats end up soaked in piss and pubes about twenty minutes after the building opens which wouldn't be the case if they had urinals.

Yeah, it'd be all over the floor instead.

The invention of urinals doomed every public toilet to forever be ankle deep in urine. It's like some horrible recreation of Singing in the Rain, when your feet tippy-tap the stale puddles of piss.

It's all that tea they drink, Woy.

I'm fine with urinals, as I don't suffer from neuroses to do with my penis and so can piss anywhere, but I DO LOVE a disabled toilet. Getting to sit down in a nice big cubicle with its own washbasin, and take a shit, is pure luxury.

Earlier today I wandered out to the loos to find they'd just finished cleaning them, they literally took off the closed sign and let me in, I went straight for the disabled bog. Fucking magic.

• Paid Members
And outdoor festival urinals? It's fucking medieval.

Those big green plastic things? Those are just barbaric. My biggest issue with these was the way they are lined up back to back. So not only are you sandwiched between two other dudes, but there's also the occasional issue of another guy, dick in hand, staring right at you. You can just feel those eyes on you even though you are looking everywhere else.

Portaloos at festivals aren't much better either. It's like an awful game of russian roulette just standing there in the line waiting to see which door opens when it's your turn. Who's turd will you get a glimpse of? Hammered, sweating, pube-shedding guy? Amazingly hot girl? Big fat bird?

Oh and just to throw my votes in, seat down, standing/bending over wipe (front to back). Stand up to piss.

• Paid Members
I can't use urinals for the most part, I suffer from the worst shycock. Unless I'm on the drink or really, really, really I'm-about-to-piss-my-pants really need it.

ME FUCKING TOO

I don't know why, some stupid mental block which stop me pissing in a urinal if there is somebody else in the loos. Or unless I'm absolutely dying, or unless I'm pissed. But normally I cannot piss in a urinal if someone is around. Don't know why, certainly not self-conscious- I've chased people around waving my cock at them 'for a laugh' before (in a hetero way) and plus have no issue in stripping down to by bare nads in changing rooms in front of friends. But urinals man, it's a weird one. Part of me wishes I didn't have this problem, but on the other hand if get splashed to fuck if I use them anyway.

• Moderators
And outdoor festival urinals? It's fucking medieval.

Portaloos at festivals aren't much better either. It's like an awful game of russian roulette just standing there in the line waiting to see which door opens when it's your turn. Who's turd will you get a glimpse of? Hammered, sweating, pube-shedding guy? Amazingly hot girl? Big fat bird?

Everyone's. In a huge pile :(