Inventive nicknames

John Matrix

• Paid Members

On the subject of teachers nickames, our Design and Technology teacher Mr Watkins was known to a group of us as "BENNETT!" because he had a moustache just like that of the villian from Commando.

I write it in capitals with an exclamation mark, because it was specifically said in a shouty Arnie tone whenever anyone referred to him.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I know a lad that was born with only one testicle. He's known as "Bollock".

A fella at school was called "Toby" due to his head being so triangular it resembled a chunk of Toblerone. Another guy was called "Hovis" for similar head-shaped reasons. I was "Bauble" in this little game :(

I can't remember many nicknames for teachers apart from a few:

Limescale - Science teacher. Had occasional yellow patches under his arm.

Harpic - Mr Harper. An ode to the popular bleach.

God - A rare sign of respect. Mr Godber, headteacher. He's dead now.

Jurgen - PE teacher, born in Berlin.

The Clown - Mrs Brown, history teacher. Applied make up rather aggresively.

Bassoon - Mr Devlin, music teacher.

--

I've remembered a few more. One of my current friends is called "Dr Yip". On the account that he once 5 putted on a par 3, and now hates golf. Is not a doctor.

"Argos". Because he works at Argos.

• Paid Members

Teachers... god yeah.

Nobby Oldham, once asked why he was nicknamed Nobby by the pupils he told the class 'Because Im a knobhead I suppose'. Great guy.

Goldfinger. English teacher who smoked too much.

Horse. Mr Ned, had a pony tail that made him look like a horse. Plus the name...

Jesus Jones. Science teacher who looked like a hippy.

• Paid Members

Teachers -

Vader - Woman geography teacher who smoked like a chimney as well as being asthmatic hence the heavy breathing.

Stowarth - His name was Mr Howarth but if you said it quickly that's what it sounded like.

Not really a nickname but we also called Mr Draper - 'Dildo Draper baby raper' as even back then we knew he was a nonce & that's before being a paedo was in fashion...now he works in B&Q.

• Moderators
The best nicknames are the ones that completely replace a guys name to the point that only his parents call him anything else.

That sounds like my friend Giggs. He can't even remember why he's called Giggs. He just knows that he has for about 15 years+ and that even his sister calls him it.

Some guys at school started calling one guy Dave, because he looked like (read. nothing like) Dave McPherson, ex-Rangers defender.

It stuck to the point that anyone joining school after this, legitimately didnt know his name. I got a friend request from him on Facebook under his real name and I was like "who the shit is that?..."

• Paid Members

There's a big lesbian girl down my sister's road who is simply known as 'Fish Fingers' by seemingly everyone in the area. On top of that she looks a lot like Shaun Williamson AKA Barry from Eastenders aswell.

One of the best nicknames I've heard was in Frank Skinner's autobiography. He was on about a girl he was at school with and said something like "she had thick fingers like sausages, a pink face like bacon and flat tits like fried eggs. We called her The Breakfast"

or something like that. The Breakfast is a fucking great nickname. Oh and Vinegar Tits from Cell Block H might be the best one ever.

at College (Wilberfoce in Hull) we had a librarian who just to shout at people who talked in the library, who we gave the name 'Conan The Librarian'. which quickly became the offical name from everyone at college, was great to hear someone I didnt know refer to Conan at some point. As far as I know, that name has stuck, unless someone knows otherwise

There's a big lesbian girl down my sister's road who is simply known as 'Fish Fingers' by seemingly everyone in the area. On top of that she looks a lot like Shaun Williamson AKA Barry from Eastenders aswell.

One of the best nicknames I've heard was in Frank Skinner's autobiography. He was on about a girl he was at school with and said something like "she had thick fingers like sausages, a pink face like bacon and flat tits like fried eggs. We called her The Breakfast"

or something like that. The Breakfast is a fucking great nickname. Oh and Vinegar Tits from Cell Block H might be the best one ever.

Yeah I remember that. Its a good bio is Skinner's. His account of him losing his virginity is good too. Basically, after shagging a very, very boring a shitty hooker, he told her...."It's been a business doing pleasure with you".

Archived