Inventive nicknames

John Matrix

• Paid Members

Inspired by a great piece of stand up from Greg Davies:

Greg Davies - Nicknames

What weird and wonderful nicknames have you and yours been branded with for life as a result of a single random moment in time?

My old boss works in an office where this sort of thing is rife and one of my favourites is a colleague of his he refers to solely as "Flex" on account of the fact that one time when they were out to lunch, he thumbed through a copy of a bodybuilding magazine in WHSmiths. Never before, or since, but Flex has been known as Flex now for some 6 years.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardly inventive, but a lad I went to University was known as 'Skidders'. I don't think I need to explain the reasoning behind that one, and a name that was given to him by one of his housemates. I can't remember what his actual real name was, but he is occasionally remembered for having to go through Uni with that rather unfortunate nickname.

• Paid Members

I called a lad Shoe once, after the South Park episode of Chinpokemon, where nobody wanted Shoe. It stuck with pretty much everyone in our year and his year (he was the year below) for the last 2 years of School. He was big into Manga and Anime and whatnot, and tried to make it cooler by renaming himself "Shu". Which was stupid and never took off.

My girlfriends family are friendly with a chap who is often referred to as 'Jaffa Cake'. For months i thought this was a snidey dig at his sexual prowess like most with the name, however it comes from him being a massive Rangers fan who happens to be black "Orange on the inside and dark on the outside" according to the father in law. :laugh:

Know a lad from school who is now a plumber and affectionately referred to as the 'White Rhino' as apparently he is always charging.

Also a chap from the old boys bowling club called "The Exorcist" as every time he enters a house he makes spirits disappear........

• Paid Members

Some from my childhood:-

Goon

Kippers

Cod - Younger brother of 'Kippers'

Desmond Tutu

Tim - because he stuck his dick in a Timoe bottle

Plus 2 girls in our group that were on the rough side. They were Kevin and Bruce.

Archived