The UKFF's 30 Favourite/Greatest sporting moments.

Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members

A debate last night in a drinking establishment in the fine city gave me the idea for this. Basically we kept arguing amongst ourselves about what we feel are the greatest and most significant sporting events in the annals of time. For some reason, not many people plumped for Dave Watson lifting the '85 Milk Cup at Wembley as their favourite, but horses for courses. On a serious note though, a few of us have different sports of choice as well. Football was naturally a hot topic, but there were whispers of Rugy, cricket, Formula 1, even Snooker among some folks' favourite moments.

So I'm opening up the floor to you guys. What are you're favourites or the events you consider to be some of the absolute best? It can be for whatever reason and for any sport of your choosing. I can think of a few obvious answers, especially in football, but it'd be interesting to see what other people come up with.

So here's the skinny:

* Send me 5 of your favourites, or events that you think merit selection on the list. Got more than five? Go for it.

* In your submissions, try and come up with at least three different sports.

* Get 'em in by the end of next week (Sunday the 13th of November) and I'll tally up the votes.

* Send them HERE: nickolocoukff@aol.co.uk -- As opposed to clogging up my PM inbox and as opposed to posting them in the thread.

* Similar to the excellent twat lists compiled by HarmonicGenerator, rank your events from 1 to 5 (Or more, if you entered more than five)

* Don't just list them, comment on them. It'll only add more colour to the write ups.

I went for a top 30 initially, but if this generates enough interest I'll probably bump it up. Aside from the list, hopefully this encourages some decent debate about the events themselves too. I'll hopefully be able to provide links to all them too.

Note: Any triumphs involving Ipswich Town will be immediately discredited. Happy voting!

• Moderators

I tried doing this 18 months ago and it failed miserably because I'm fucking lazy, best of luck!

And anyone who votes for 1966 is a wanker. Here's what's going to be my #1.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

That Try by Gareth Edwards for the Barbarians

• Paid Members
I tried doing this 18 months ago and it failed miserably because I'm fucking lazy, best of luck!

And anyone who votes for 1966 is a wanker. Here's what's going to be my #1.

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

That Try by Gareth Edwards for the Barbarians

Sorry Butch, I did do a search but I didn't come across anything.

I'm all for people voting for 66, but hopefully the fact that people will ideally include more than one sport in their submissions will at least mean it'll be fun going down memory lane with a bunch of clips and everything.

I'm surprised you didn't go for Wrexham's FA Cup triumph over Arsenal.

• Paid Members
Word of warning Nicko: don't commit to anything that you cant guarentee you will be arsed to carry one when you have to finally compile the list :(

51DNi%206S-8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'll get this train home.

Edit: I reckoned without the Booking Cup actually! Still, I'll get it done before the Christmas rush. Maybe if some of you throw in some Norwich City events it'll keep me going and maintain my interest?

Archived