The Make Me An Excuse Thread

Max Power

Right.

My Mrs' brother is having a Halloween party tonight. He's a silly bastard who doesn't work Tuesdays so he thinks that Mondays are are good party nights. He's a twat. I on the other hand do work Tuesdays so I'll be going to work with a hangover tomorrow.

However, I've told my Mrs that I have tomorrow off work as I am owed a Lieu day from a few weeks back. In actual fact, I've forgot to book said Lieu day and we now don't have enough staff to cover tomorrow if I take it off. She's really looking forward to tomorrow and is planning a few things on the day off after we get up. I need to think of something that means I come to work, without annoying Mrs Power too much. I have a few options I think:

a) - I tell her that one of my colleagues at work (who shares my job) was taken ill today and will probably not make it in tomorrow so I have to work. I will make it up to her at a later date because I love her so much.

b) - I tell her that one of my colleagues at work (who shares my job) has left the company and so I need to worl. This may cause a few problems as I may forget at a later date and mention him further down the line but I will make it up to her at a later date because I love her so much.

c) - I tell her the truth, which at this stage is not an option.

d) - none of the above.

If anyone else needs any ideas for excuses in their own minor quandries, feel free to ask for help.

Help me out please.

• Paid Members

I'd just go with someone fucked up the rota and you have to work it.

Personally i'd just tell her the truth and that her brother is a twat for arranging a piss up on a Monday night. But that's just me.

Tell her someone else fucked up the rota and forgot to schedule in your lieu day.

Boom. Technically it's true, just don't tell her you're the one who fucked up. Candles, romantic meal and a bit of Barry White should make up for it.

• Paid Members

Just phone her on the way home, and play a "Static noise" down the phone mid way through our conversation. Then just go AWOL for a couple of days turning up on sunday afternoon pretending its still tuesday.

If she asks just say you've been walking home and dont know what shes talking about. Follow this up with various news paper reports about how you may of been "Taken By Aliens" or something as good.

Its a plan that cant fail!

:thumbsup:

Being a married man i've become somewhat an expert at the casual lie. I quite often forget to ask for days off that the Mrs Danger has requested but if i was you i would follow these 3 simple steps.

1.Blame someone else. Sounds simple enough, but if shes angry at someone else shes not angry at you. You can also blame a situation, colleagues sick child, death in the family etc

2.Be as put out by this inconvenience as she is, or at least act it. Dont over do it. She'll smell a rat and you'll be foilled.

3.Make it up to her, makes you feel better, makes her feel better and it makes the universe feel better,

Erm, why is telling her the truth not an option? Grow some fucking bollocks and tell her the truth, she might start respecting you if you did.

When did I say she didn't respect me you fucking sniffer. I only put this on here to listen to a few whacky excuses whilst I'm at work. I've just blamed some rota geezer at work, and we're going Christmas shopping next Thursday instead. All of the posters who replied so far on the thread know my predicament, and anyone with a Mrs will have experience in telling little porky pies.

Is that ok for you? Or do you want me to grow some bollocks and tell you the truth?

Erm, why is telling her the truth not an option? Grow some fucking bollocks and tell her the truth, she might start respecting you if you did.

When did I say she didn't respect me you fucking sniffer. I only put this on here to listen to a few whacky excuses whilst I'm at work. I've just blamed some rota geezer at work, and we're going Christmas shopping next Thursday instead. All of the posters who replied so far on the thread know my predicament, and anyone with a Mrs will have experience in telling little porky pies.

Is that ok for you? Or do you want me to grow some bollocks and tell you the truth?

I still say tell the truth, telling porkies gets you nowhere, sir.

Archived