NGW Eternal Glory, Sun 4th December - NEW CHAMPIONS

Dunny

Full Results:

Rampage Brown bt Dean Allmark, Zack 'Diamond' Gibson & Avian (elimination in order). Zack & Avian's bad blood continued as they brawled on the outside and got themselves counted out. This leaving Allmark & Rampage to battle it out in the only way they know how.

Sam Bailey bt Danny V after Danny hit his 450 splash off the top rope. The year he spent on the shelf had obviously had an effect as he didn't go for the cover straight away allowing Zack 'Diamond' Gibson to distract him allowing Bailey to take the cowardly roll up victory. The two attempted to assault Danny V afterwards but Danny V's brother and tag team parner, Avian made the save.

Los Amigos bt The Predators to become the first ever NGW Tag Team Champions in the final of the tournament. Predators thought they had it won and held the belts aloft but the second ref for the evening came out an pointed out to Michael 'Milky' Bell that the pair had used the belt to knock out Diablo for the pin. The referee ordered the match to be restarted and Los Amigos went on to be victorious.

Stixx bt the undefeated Colossus Kennedy to give the big man his first ever defeat in over two years. Richie West was on the outside but unlike the previous bout, West refrained for interference and just watched on. Following the match, Colossus & Stixx went face to face as two men offered a nod of appreciation and respect for one another.

Jack Gallagher bt Nigel McGuinness in a great match that not only enthralled the purists but also had the casual members of the audience gripped.

Matt Myers bt Nathan Cruz to become the NEW NGW Champion. Cruz knocked the referee out with a blatant right hand and then called for West's gold briefcase, this led to West getting inadvertently knocked out with the case, Kev Cash getting hit with the brass knuckles and girlfriend Mel Price getting taken out accidently with a clothesline. Celebrations were huge after the match, including Myers smashing up the Nathan Cruz sign on the personalised entrance way. The show ended with Matt Myers, El Ligero & Dara Diablo holding their belts in the air in the middle of the ring.

You'll notice I haven't commented on the crowd reaction at any point. That's because no matter what I said there is no way I could do it justice. I'm hoping the atmosphere has been captured on the DVD. Just buy the DVD.

The main event was AMAZING and had stunning emotional story all the way through leading to the ending where everyone in the nearly 200 crowd were on their feet. Two locals boys done good.

Just a fantastic night, the best in my time in the industry and I know many others have said the same. All you have to do is look on facebook and twitter to see the reaction. Thank you to everyone who was their and supported us.

I don't mind saying, we raised the bar. I've spent the last 48 hours thinking...how the hell do we top that? But we've said that four or 5 times in the last three years. I dare you to come to Hull on Saturday January 21st for 'Dawn of Battle' featuring the debut of RJ Singh to see if we can.

388493_2815105183212_1426300535_3015918_1414363993_n.jpg

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I would add my thoughts about Sundays show (although I am pretty much just going to reiterate what everyone else seems to have said).

The show was an absolute cracker. Quite possibly the best UK indie show I have been to. The matches ranged from 'just' very good to absolutely fantastic. The crowd was into everything all night and, at times, where white hot (particularly in both title matches).

As a final note - a quick thank you to Dougie (who talked me into coming when I originally was not going to bother & then made sure I got to the train station in plenty of time to make the last train to Leeds). Cheers fella. Very much appreciated - I would have been well pissed off if I had missed this one.

Just thought I would add my thoughts about Sundays show (although I am pretty much just going to reiterate what everyone else seems to have said).

The show was an absolute cracker. Quite possibly the best UK indie show I have been to. The matches ranged from 'just' very good to absolutely fantastic. The crowd was into everything all night and, at times, where white hot (particularly in both title matches).

As a final note - a quick thank you to Dougie (who talked me into coming when I originally was not going to bother & then made sure I got to the train station in plenty of time to make the last train to Leeds). Cheers fella. Very much appreciated - I would have been well pissed off if I had missed this one.

You are very welcome Sir! You had enough brains to bow down to common sense. You missed a bit of the post match celebrations that i will never forget. Sorry we did not talk, hardly at all. My brain was frazzled due to extreme pressure (most of which i put on my own shoulders) See you at Christmas to fill you in on all the news. Have you noticed that when Myers wins a match it is never a "Flat Finish", Read that & weep Cruz :laugh: The Myers Movement has officially arrived :cool:

Archived