NGW Eternal Glory, Sun 4th December - NEW CHAMPIONS

Dunny

Quick results:

Rampage Brown beat Avian, Deano and Zack Diamond Gibson

Avian and Gibson were counted out, Rampage pinned Deano after a Rock Bottom off the top rope.

First time seeing Gibson and was impressed. Am looking forward to seeing him again.

Sam Bailey beat Danny V after intereference from Zack Diamond Gibson.

Great comeback to a heckling kid from Gibson - 'Shut up or I'll bite ya nose off ya face!'

Los Amigos beat The Punishers to become the first tag champs.

Great crowd heat for this. Punishers initially won after a belt shot to the head but the match was restarted and Diablo got the pin.

A done to death finsh but it worked SO well with this audience - when Los Amigos won the belts it got a HUGE ovation.

Stixx pinned Colossus Kennedy after a bodyslam off the top rope.

Jack Gallagher beat Nigel McGuinness by submission. Not the result the crowd wanted, but the right one in terms of long term booking etc.

McGuinness got a great response and watched both the opener and the main event from the crowd.

Matt Myers pinned Nathan Cruz to become the new NGW Champion.

An absolutely WHITE HOT crowd throughout! No word of a lie, the crowd heat for this match was IMMENSE!!

Countless false finishes, Melanie Price getting flattened and Cruz finally getting his comeuppance meant everyone was literally jumping out of their seats when the ref finally counted the three.

Fun comments from my mate about Melanie Price 'She looks like a Primark Paris Hilton'

Also tried to get a 'Buttscratcher' Nathan Cruz chant going but it didnt work. Denied. :(

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to echo what was said about the crowd in the main event.

I've been going to shows and working at shows for about 5 years now, and I don't think I've ever felt an atmosphere like that. Hell, it even had me jumping out of my seat at the end!

Lots of *Lets go Myers* *Lets go Nathan* chants, with Myers always eventually winning out.

Melanie Price + Kev Cash both got flattened, along with the referee who played an integral part in the ending.

The emotion was genuine at the end, and the ring filled with fans and workers alike.

For atmosphere, and good booking, the show could barely be faulted. I Chose to sit as a fan and by the end of the night, was glad I did. :)

• Paid Members

As per usual I am useless at writing detailed reviews - so just wanted to mention that once again NGW delivered in every single way. The booking , wrestling and set up was perfect but the crowd are the hottest in the country - Luke and Dunny I salute you !!!!!!!

Am also very jealous ;)

Well i have stayed away from this thread for 24 hours to gather my thoughts & try to unwind. Anyone who knows me on here will already realise that i am involved/biased towards the NGW product, Hey ho lets go.

Including the excellent NGW Pontefract show the night before it was a 48hour shift for me, excluding an 8 hour kip inbetween. How many emotions did i go through in that time? Well, Stress, depression,fatigue,laughter,elation & finally euforia. From stolen belts to ticket touts & the single most emotion match i have ever witnessed live, It had it all.

The NGW team is a machine with so many people busting their asses for the love of wrestling, it would be unfair to single people out. We are a tight crew, so everyone already knows who raised their game for this doubleheader. With that in mind, i will just stick to a few comments about both shows:

1, Fantastic to see a few, now former trainees join the paid ranks at Pontefract in a show that each match added to what was a very enjoyable night.

2, An amazing Tag Match to end a year long tournament to crown the first ever NGW Tag Champions.

3, A very good "Big Man" bout between Collosus Kennedy & Styxx

4, One for the purists in the shape of Nigel McGuiness v Jack Gallagher, The crowd was patient & stuck with it every inch of the way. What a farewell reception McGuiness got. Gallagher got the win, yet the crowd reaction was almost like McGuiness had still won anyway?????

5, Then they was the Main Event! Wow, you had to be there. I really hope the emotion of the crowd will be caught on DVD? Never have i seen such a relatively small show create a Big Show feel! & what a match! Then there was the celebration (dry your eyes -AJB- :laugh: )

I have no idea how NGW can top this show, but i know this much........They will try :thumbsup:

Have you any results from the Pontefract show at all? Unfortunately I couldn't make it.
From my tired, stressed, bad, unofficial memory?

Bad News Brown pinned Avian

"Wildfire" Ricky Halestorm pinned Caz Crash

Matt Myers beat Collosus Kennedy by DQ or No contest depending on what happened?

Dara Diablo beat the Geach 3 times in quick succession

The Geach & Bad News Brown beat Avian & Dara Diablo

Nathan Cruz pinned Cameron Craze to defend the NGW title

Solid show in front of approx 150 loud fans :thumbsup:

ps You never said "hello" again at EG3?

Have you any results from the Pontefract show at all? Unfortunately I couldn't make it.

Matt Myers beat Collosus Kennedy by DQ or No contest depending on what happened?

Cheers.

Were you the dude with the rattle?

Cheers.

Yeah, the one who really should be old enough to know better :laugh:

Cheers.

:) Ah, I thought so but wasn't sure.

Apologies. I promise, now I know for definite who you are, I will nip over next time and say hello.

What was that thing you were brandishing on the end of a fishing rod when The Predators made their entrance? :confused:

Cheers.

Apologies. I promise, now I know for definite who you are, I will nip over next time and say hello.

What was that thing you were brandishing on the end of a fishing rod when The Predators made their entrance? :confused:

Malen went to a show in his car, full of wrestlers & forgot to put petrol in his car! He had to abandon his colleagues in search of fuel, that was his first mistake! He then went on Facebook to apologise to his friends for his stupidity, Second mistake. Then when me & my partner in crime (Kreese) laughed at him he refared to us as "C*nts", 3rd mistake...........So guess what happened next?

Cheers.

Malen went to a show in his car, full of wrestlers & forgot to put petrol in his car! He had to abandon his colleagues in search of fuel, that was his first mistake! He then went on Facebook to apologise to his friends for his stupidity, Second mistake. Then when me & my partner in crime (Kreese) laughed at him he refared to us as "C*nts", 3rd mistake...........So guess what happened next?

Ah, I see.....

Well after years of labeling all local wrestling shows as tacky, pleather filled messes, I am happy to say my first NGW show has proven that to be a misnomer. It certainly won't be the last NGW show I attend.

Top to bottom the show had everything it needed. The first pleasant surprise was the professional set up. The lighting, the stage, the ring, everything was NGW personalised. The second pleasant surprise was how well the local talent seemed to mesh flawlessly with established UK names. Unbelievable though it was, the crowd were there for Matt Myers vs Nathan Cruz, not for Nigel McGuiness, which must have felt amazing for those two guys.

I won't write up a full report on matches. Those reading this will be the ones that were there anyway, but a few musings:

Every match delivered in its own way. Match of the night for me was the tag title match. I wouldn't say the finish was overbooked at all, live it was amazing. I bought into every false finish, and I'm as cynical as they come. There's definitely something to be said about watching something live as opposed to on television, that match was an example of that. Everyone played their role to perfection, the match was just great.

Nigel McGuiness putting over a young UK guy in Jack Gallagher was a nice move by what seems like a genuinely nice guy who just wants to put over the UK scene on his way out. One for the older fan, but its good to appeal to a broad audience.

The main event was excellent and told a wonderful story. The hype video was great, and really helped with the flow of the match. Obviously a feelgood moment for the loyal fans to see a local favourite get his moment. To be fair, Matt Myers proved he deserved it, and definitely isn't some skinny local guy pretending to be a wrestler. He also had awesome music. Nathan Cruz brought a top game and had some of the crowd were solidly behind him too. From that show alone, it seems there is an overpopulation of heels so maybe they could turn him face in the near future. It did seem like that was going to happen with the giant Kennedy though too.

Apart from that the only downside to the show I thought was the injury return grudge match that lacked the intensity it needed early on, and has the wrong man go over in my opinion (given the story I saw on the video, but then again I wasn't there for the shows myself). It was hardy a dud though, and there was stiff competition for great matches on the show.

Finally, from what I saw, Rampage Brown was the star NGW hasn't made yet. If they can get him the reactions that Myers and Cruz got, he could be the face of expanding this great company further and further. He looked like a major star.

Archived