NGW Eternal Glory, Sun 4th December - NEW CHAMPIONS

Dunny

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To further build anticipation to the NGW Tag Team Championship Tournament Final, and indeed to the huge event itself, we present the following video. Yes, it's a montage:

Watched this about five times over now, cracks me up each time I watch it! :laugh: Certainly a montage that even Rocky himself would be jealous of!

It is looking incredibly likely that I can attend this. It's about 90% confirmed.

VERY much looking forward to it.

Desmond Wolfe Vs. Jack Gallagher, and it's practically on your doorstep! You'd be insane to miss this one. I can't wait for that match!

Let's have a quick run down through this card, how I see it, for a moment:

375235_10150480957335815_107786050814_10596181_1007953748_n.jpg

Lets start with the Main Event. These two guys have been best friends since they where very young children, as showcased in the brilliant must see hype video made for the match, and have grown up together as wrestling fans turned trainees turned wrestlers. This feud started, originally, well over two years as the first real solid feud in NGW history. Leading to the first real stand out match in NGW history, a last man standing match at the first Original Eternal Glory in 2009. Even though Myers won the match, it was clearly the match that started the amazing rise of the soon to be dubbed "The Showstealer" Nathan Cruz, whilst Myers sadly fell behind into the background and back into the shadow of his best friend. Cruz has then gone on to defeat everyone from Alex Shane to El Ligero, Sam Bailey (for the title) to Martin Kirby, Dean Allmark to Joey Hayes. Parallel to this, Myers has slowly been building his flame ones again, facing everyone from NGW trainee's at the Proving Ground shows to top UK workers like CJ Banks and a VERY well received match with El Ligero. Cruz might have become the face of NGW, and therefore the face of the next generation of British wrestling, but Myers is clearly a true fan favorite and holds a very special place in the hearts of NGW fans. Myers might be coming into this match the ultimate underdog, A LOT has changed since he picked up the win again Cruz two years earlier, but with the the momentum he has behind him at the moment and with the support of every true NGW fan willing him on, could we just see the upset no one expects to cap off, without a doubt, the biggest year in NGW history?

Now, name me another company that has a Main Event, on a show featuring talents like Mcguinness/Allmark/Rampage/Ligero/Stixx, that features two young local guys, for a title that that actually means so much to a company, that has such a impressive build up to it. If you can, I will buy you a pint. Full credit goes to the two guys involved (plus all the supporting cast that have helped) and, dare I say, the booker, for building such a great angle that us NGW fans are truely excited to seeing. There is a great buzz about for this show, and I think a lot of that is due to this match. You might not be aware of or a fan of these two guys before you see the match, but I have faith you will be when all is said and done.

320775_10150465325290815_107786050814_10538631_1065382530_n.jpg

Let's keep this one a bit shorter shall we. The rematch everyone wants to see. Since late 2009, Colossus has been running a muck through NGW, truely destroying everyone that got in his way. For nearly two years Kennedy was never knocked off his feet, not even ones, in the best booking of a big man I have ever seen in British Wrestling. To the point that when El Ligero was able to knock him down to one knee, the entire crowd chanted "KNOCK HIM DOWN, KNOCK HIM DOWN" in a truely wonderful moment for any wrestling fan. Stixx made the challenge for the match in June, and it was one. Two of the biggest guys in British wrestling battle it out, if anyone could beat Colossus it would surely be Stixx right? Well Stixx made a huge impact by not just being able to finally knock Colossus off his feet, but even body slam him to the mat. Though in the end, after interference from Cruz Enterprise, Stixx was knocked out, rolled out of the ring and lost via count out. Not the way the fans wanted the match to end, and after a huge brawl between the two at the NGW 25, Stixx finally get's his revenge. A 2 year undefeated streak might just come to an end when Stixx get's his hands on Kennedy one more time.

Great build up for the undefeated streak for Kennedy. Great build for the two guys, as ones again highlighted in another great hype video. Happy to admit it, I always love to see two big guys battle it out, and with such a heated back story I think this one is going to be a great stiff big man match. In my books, Kennedy is going to get his first tick in the lose column, leading to further development to the Kennedy/Richie West troubles that have been nicely simmering in the background.

387991_10150461080035815_107786050814_10519335_442126110_n.jpg

Well, what can I say? Jack Gallagher is getting any real old school British wrestling fan excited at the moment. In my books the best pound and pound young wrestler in the country today. Let me be clear here, I don't think he is the best "worker" in the business, or the best showman/entertainer. But for the style he does, catch/submission what not, I think he is the best young wrestler in the UK. And this match really is all about what the entire company is about, the new generation of wrestling. Will be great for Jack to be able to wrestle with Nigel, no matter what shape he might be in, before he retires. Matches with the likes of Dave Taylor, Davey Richards, Zack Saber Jr in recent months, win or lose, have helped Jack step up his game again and again. I think the same will be said after his match with Nigel. Expecting a great British Wrestling Style match here, with a few hard hits throw in for good measure I'm sure. Very much excited for this one.

387161_10150465339235815_107786050814_10538691_556603820_n.jpg

The end to a year long Tag Team Tournament. Can not give enough praise to the Predators as a tag team. Not just in NGW but over the entire UK I really believe they have grown into one of the UK's top regular tag teams, a rare things these days. And the formation of the unlikely tag team of El Ligero and former hateable Dara Diablo has been one of my favourite things not just in NGW, but in British Wrestling, of the last 12 months. Can see pretty much see the entire formation on the NGW Youtube page, a very enjoyable way to spend half an hour if I may say so. Not just a great comedy team, but a great character based team as well. Should be a great match, and a great way to top off a very good tournament.

304153_10150465339600815_107786050814_10538694_2131016881_n.jpg

Classic "Who Done It?" leading to a great heel turn from Sam Bailey. Been out of action for over a year, last saw him in a solid match with CJ Banks in October 2010, Danny V makes his much anticipated hometown return to finally get his hands on Bailey, the man who attacked him backstage at the February 2011 show. This attack lead to another year long story with Avian, Danny V's brother, going slowly mad on his mission to find out who attacked his brother. Again, go to the youtube page and watch the videos. It's all there! Will be great to see Danny V back in the ring, after his shocking return at NGW 25, and should be a great heated match between the two.

309855_10150495096380815_107786050814_10641046_602620982_n.jpg

And, if the card was not stacked nicely enough... Think it's fair to say that when Dean Allmark was introduced to the NGW crowd as Nathan Cruz's next challenger for the NGW title back in September, he was greeted by a very mixed reaction, to say the least. By the end of the match, I again think it's fair to say, it had become the most talked about match in NGW history. And an all time peak, match wise, in the eyes of many NGW fans and wrestlers alike. In my books, the best UK VS UK wrestling match of 2011. Not seen it, pick up the DVD, or if you are as skint as me then at least check out the show music video on the Youtube page. Will be great to see him make his return to NGW, sure he can hit the high standards the fans will be expecting from him after the incredible showing last time. Rampage Brown, former star in WWE's development system FCW, again, in the eyes of some fans, had a somewhat uneasy start to his NGW career. But after a solid, and successful, win against Martin Kirby, he will be looking to further his impact in NGW (a company he has spoken very highly of in interviews). if you have been to any All Star Shows before, something I have still some how not done..., you will proberly be familiar with his work. Always great to have someone of All Star & FCW level at the Eastmount Centre. Jack "Diamond" Gibson, another great young star of the new generation of British wrestling, in the heel role that I think he does so well. Specially with that accent in this town. Avian, NGW Original and hometown hero, in the biggest match of his career. If you have not seen this guy wrestle, well, you should be in for a treat. Great little high flyer who's style should mesh very well with the All Star stars featured in this match. And after the events of NGW 25, great to see Gibson and Avian get another platform to work on a logical spin off from the attack angle that Avian has been in all year.

What else can I say? After a messy break up a few months ago, I've found the pleasure of last minute spare of the moment trips to random wrestling shows for the sake of it. Often leading to shitty bus and late night train travel. But it's great to see new stuff, see new companies and see new wrestlers. Being born and bred in Hull, I've been along side NGW in one way or another since the very first show in May 2008. So clearly what I say will be a little bit biased, but I honestly feel like if you not had the chance to check this company out live, you really should. Look at your bank, say fuck it, and make your way to this show one way or another. This is one of the most professional looking wrestling companies in the UK, if you have not seen the set up they have then again check the youtube channel, with some of the top names in wrestling (Nigel, Ligero, Allmark, Rampage, Stixx, Malen), and the names that will be at the top of any Top 50 list in the next few years (Cruz, Gallagher, Bailey, Myers, Gibson, Connors, Kennedy). And all for

Now, name me another company that has a Main Event, on a show featuring talents like Mcguinness/Allmark/Rampage/Ligero/Stixx, that features two young local guys, for a title that that actually means so much to a company, that has such a impressive build up to it. If you can, I will buy you a pint.

The mere mention of a pennyless student buying ANYONE a drink, suggests to me that this quote must be true!

Well, what can I say? Jack Gallagher is getting any real old school British wrestling fan excited at the moment.

This quote is even more true than the last one ;)

I'm THAT confident that no one could ever fine such a thing that even me and my "way to close to the limit overdraft" would bet a pint on it! :thumbsup:

Typed that with you in mind my friend, as well as my self of course! Jack VS Nigel, in a NGW ring with an NGW crowd, will be an awesome sight.

Looking forward to this event. The card looks fantastic on paper and i have no doubts about it living up to the hype. Cruz/Myers and the Gallagher/McGuinness dream match will be brilliant.

A couple of questions. I ordered tickets through the site, i assume i just pick those up in the door? Should i bring my paypal reciept?

Also, how much is a taxi, roughly, between Hull Rail station and the venue?

Looking forward to this event. The card looks fantastic on paper and i have no doubts about it living up to the hype. Cruz/Myers and the Gallagher/McGuinness dream match will be brilliant.

A couple of questions. I ordered tickets through the site, i assume i just pick those up in the door? Should i bring my paypal reciept?

You're looking at around

You're looking at around

Show day today. Today has potential to be our biggest and best show ever. If you're in two minds whether to come or not...get in the car now!

Still not persuaded...watch this and you won't want to miss it.

The greatest video ever...

The NGW Show's just get better the greatest show i have ever seen with 2 of the greatest title matches i have ever witnessed.

Quick Results

Rampage Brown won the Fatal-4-way Elimination match (Eliminating Dean Allmark last, Avian and Zack Diamond were both counted out and eliminated earlier in the match)

Sam Bailey beat Danny V (After a distraction from Zack Diamond)

EL Ligero and Dara Diablo became the first ever NGW TAG CHAMPIONS defeating Paul Malen and Joseph Conners (Conners and Malen thought they had won it but the match was restarted after a 2nd offical ran in letting Milky know that Conners used one of the belts to score the fall)

Stixx beat Colossus (Ending his 2 year unbeaten streak in NGW)

Jack Gallagher beat Nigel McGuinness by Submission

Matt Myers won the NGW Title beating Nathan Cruz (After failed Interference attempts by Richie West, Kev Cash and Mel Price after Cruz had knocked out the referee).

Archived