Harsh insight into a British Wrestling publication.

SonToTheRescue

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is it a harsh insight though? You write to them saying "Can I have a writing gig please?" and they basically say no. Why is that harsh? If you walked in to the offices of The Sun and said "Giz a job then Mr" you'd get the same response or probably none whatsoever. I think you're making a bit too much fuss out of something that I'm sure a lot of people have found out by asking them the same question but as others have said, bitching about it on a forum won't win you any points later on down the line. Instead email Fighting Spirit, having read their publication I'm sure they'll hire any fucker.

again its not the fact they've said no, it was the brush off response i didn't particularly like considering much more reputable outlets had the grace to give me at least a thank you.

Thats just it though. Power Slam isn't a mainstream publication, owned by a corproate concern that wishes to impress investors, Its a self published magazine. Short of posting "Powerslam would like to tell anyone looking for work experience to fuck off." they can respond to such surveys anyway they like

Well this was embarrassing.

"Magazine turns me down for an unpaid position, so I'm going to slag them off on a fan forum whilst retaining moral dignity by not naming them."

How's that worked out for you...?

It's very unprofessional behaviour for sure. He should just keep harassing Fin online and pretending to go to a small claims court.

Archived